It been a bit.

-

383man

Reaction score
I finally got my password to work and logged back on. I have been busy and haven't posted much anywhere other then Moparts but I like it here and had to get back. I just ordered a rollbar for my 63 as I want to stiffen her up and hope to get it below 11.50 this year. Ron

11.55 on pump gas !!! Wow that's getting it dun.
Glad you made it back

Thanks for the kind replies. I used to have a 383 Dart and thats how I got the 383man handle. Now the Dart is my sons and has a 400 and I got my all time favorite Mopar......my 63 Ply Sport Fury Max Wedge wanna be ! To much hassle to change the name and I do still like 383's. LoL.

Welcome back Ron.
Funny, I was going over some of your past posts just last night, wondering about the combo in your 63.

Ah yes the father - son race ? Well I only got the 63 to the track once last year in Oct and it was very windy that day so they only ran the 1/8. Ron Jr was there with the Dart also. We tried to line up but never actually raced each other. But by the end of the day we both ran the exact same et. We both ran 7.48 which is about 11.70's. Jr's Dart has run 11.50's on better days so I hope to get at least 11.50's out of my 63 this year but I was pleased with 11.70 on a windy day my first time out. So the grudge will continue into this year. I decided not to race the 63 again until I put a 6 point rollbar in it as it really wants to twist on the launch and I dont want to crack the B-pillar paint so the rollbar will strenthen the car and make it safer. I really didn't want to put a bar in because I want the car to look stock and I dont want to cut on the body any. So I plan to put the stock interior all back in. Jr has the heads off the Dart and we are going to do some port work on them and raise his comp a bit. Guess the old man put a scare into him. LoL ! As for the 63's mild basic combo:

Its a stock 440 shortblock that I recontitioned the crank and rods. Used KB quench dome pistons and 906 heads I ported. Comes out to 10.0 comp and I use Comp dual springs and Isky iron rockers. Its has the MP .557 cam on a 105 centerline. Holley Street Dominator intake and 850 DP. Orange MP ign box and Mallory dist I got cheap. Hedman 1-3/4 headers and 3" pipes with Dynomax Ultra Flow mufflers as I raced it closed up. 727 I built with TA reverse manual V/B and a Dynamic 9.5 convertor with a 4200 flash. Has an 8-3/4 with 4.30's and I used M/T 28 x 9 slicks at the track. Car weighes 3640 with me and 1/2 tank of gas. Jrs Dart weighs 3540 with him and 1/2 tank. I think thats about it other then the body is all stock and I used air shocks with the original leaf springs. I will get SS springs soon. My 63 actually 60 ft better then the Dart. But the Dart has 3.91's and had a 1.61 best 60 as I had a 1.58 best 60. We had a blast and plan to race again in April we hope. I do love this 63 as I have always wanted a Max Wedge era car and I built my 440 to look like a 426 Max Wedge. Thanks , Ron

200136179.jpg

200136179.jpg

Eng shot. I really want to use the crossram and 2 fours when I can afford it. I plan to wring out this single four setup first and then see how the crossram compares but I want that full Max Wedge look. Ron

220000192.jpg

220000192.jpg

Love bolth of your cars Ron ! Im really starting to love those Max wedge cars.

This is a great hobby for you and son to share....I wish my son was so inclined. The car looks really good all put together now and I can`t wait to hear more of the ongoing family fued! Lol! Best regards.

Look's like you have got it hooking up good.
And it sure look's under the hood too. :blob:

Thanks for the kind replies. Here is a cool pic the track photo guy took of my son launching. If you look close you can see my 63 in the other lane as we tried to race but somehow got paired up wrong and I ran right behind Jr in the other lane. Ron

207729941.jpg

207729941.jpg

-
Back