It Hath Begun...56K WARNING 800x600 pics

-

Hotwheelsjr

Reaction score
After a couple years of "I'm going to paint it some day", I finally decided now is the time. Car in question...my daughter's '67 Barracuda. Rick (71autoxr) and I decided there's no better time than now to knock this thing out, so for the last couple of weekends we've started. First order of business was fixing the nose clip. Besides the grille holes being jacked up, the rest of the nose is perfect. We cut out the bad holes and welded in patches. Cleaned them up and shaped them to look "factory". We've yet to drill the holes, but so far, so good.

100_0194.jpg

100_0192.jpg

100_0191.jpg

100_0215.jpg

100_0216.jpg

100_0217.jpg

100_0220.jpg

100_0224.jpg

100_0225.jpg

100_0226.jpg

100_0227.jpg

100_0228.jpg

Next order of business is the roof. A previous owner had hacked in a sun roof and then another owner after him decided to take it out and hack in a patch. We spent a couple of hours tonight digging through about 1/2" of filler to find the welds so we can fill them right. The previous filler job was over some surface rust and it had begun to crack and peel. Our solution is to dig it all out and shoot it with epoxy primer to seal it, then fill over the top of that....and not with a 1/2" thick layer! Slowly but surely...hope to have color on it before the new year.

100_0195.jpg

100_0197.jpg

100_0198.jpg

100_0229.jpg

100_0230.jpg

100_0232.jpg

Nice work. The other nose I knew about was worse than yours.

Nice work!
Gonna be a slick ride when your done.
I like the plastic ladder your standing on
in the last pic.:bootysha:

Today's progress. Finished stripping the roof and epoxy primered it to seal it. We'll do the body work on top of the epoxy primer.

100_0235.jpg

100_0236.jpg

100_0237.jpg

Then we had a little hillbilly fun...

100_0243.jpg

100_0245.jpg

100_0248.jpg

I think I'm going to tell my daughter we're just going to clear coat it like this.

Rockabilly 'Cuda ... I like it!! Nice patchwork on that roof, musta been a tough one!

Rockabilly 'Cuda ... I like it!! Nice patchwork on that roof, musta been a tough one!

We didn't do the patch on the roof -- a previous owner had a body shop do it. We've had to dig/blast out the filler though and we'll make sure it gets filled correctly to avoid cracking in the future.

great work on a nice car for your daughter, i hope she realizes how lucky she is to be driving a CUDA.
I also like the big block dart t shirt in the first set of pics..

I can tell you all about nose jobs. I work in Beverly Hills--plastic surgery capitol of the world!!! :bootysha:

Color we've decided on -- Pewter Silver Metallic

rsp2102.jpg

And...to those asking. No, she is not participating in the paint and body, yet. She goes to school full time and Rick and I are doing it at his house/shop when we have the time. Her time is not always synched with our time. She does really appreciate the work and I involve her in maintenance upkeep of the car. Makes her appreciate it even more. :)

Color we've decided on -- Pewter Silver Metallic

rsp2102.jpg

And...to those asking. No, she is not participating in the paint and body, yet. She goes to school full time and Rick and I are doing it at his house/shop when we have the time. Her time is not always synched with our time. She does really appreciate the work and I involve her in maintenance upkeep of the car. Makes her appreciate it even more. :)

Yeah I can understand that...Seems like very little is done on my car when I'm at college 9 months out of the year. One of the reasons why I may have somebody else take care of my cars body work. Cool that she participates with the maintenance/upkeep though.

Please keep up on updates as I would love to see how it looks with this color.

HotwheelsSJR, I hate to steal your color, but thats the exact shade I've looking for to paint my 71 Plymouth Scamp. Mind telling me where you found it?

Looking real nice. Glad you are doing the work the right way!!!! Can't wait to see that color on the car.

I like the thread so far.. All your work looks good :) hopefully one day I'll be in. The same position...

Ha Ha...Yeah I figured thats where..I already found it. did you get the kit? If so, thats not bad for $259.95....

Nah...haven't bought a kit yet. Haven't decided if that's for sure where I am going to get the paint. I may go local and get some PPG from a store close to home. We'll see when the time comes.

Lately it seems

PPG = Packing Posteriors Good

All paint products have appeared to go nuts.

Keep up the good work.

-
Back