It never ends...

-

SGGDuster

Dreaming of Burnt Rubber
Reaction score
Well I went to get my front end aligned and there are a couple of problems. First off, the XHD springs that I put on the car (for those that saw the thread) are still crazy lopsided, about 3" difference; that alone complicates alignment a good deal. Secondly, the control arm bushing on the front passeger side are ummm gone. I was wondering what that styrofoam sound was... And lastly it seems the steering box is now hitting my lovely new headers, which I'm positive was not a problem when I installed them.

My question is two-fold. Where do I find the bushings? Also, what is going on with the springs, I heard they were supposed to be a little lopsided, but should calm down after a few weeks. They are definitely still way lopsided.

Thanks

I got my front end kit from Performance suspension Components. Not sure about your springs.

i would say got with what adam said. and go poly bushings.. as for the steering box hittin the headers when were trhe motor mounts replaced last?????? i know that when i had a mount go on the 68 it pushed the motor over enough that i was contacting the gearbox with my manifolds... thats why i ask

Thanks Adam, I think that's what I'm going to do. As for the motor mounts, I've never replaced them and I highly doubt the previous owner did, I think the only thing he did under the hood was change the oil. I'm going to be calling Mancini today to see about the springs.

I used poly bushings and will never use then again with the exception of strut rod bushings. Mine never squeaked but I dont care for there fit.

-
Back