It's a blue blue day

-

howco4

Reaction score
Finally showing some color on the Swinger. Sprayed the engine compartment this morning and the underside of the trunk lid. Didn't know what to expect in terms of the color, as I ordered the paint from TCP Global. The paint seems very easy to apply. My wife was not impressed with the color, but I like it. Oh well. Howard

100_0983 (600 x 400).jpg

It's hard to tell what a colour looks like in a picture with the lighting and shade, etc. but I REALLY like what I'm seeing in the picture :cheers: I look forward to seeing the whole car done!

The color is called speed blue. I don't know if it was a factory color for any make and model, but I wanted a bright color, and looks like it is. I'll be running a black hood with the traditional black belly band. Will be installing a small block, but an add for a 383 on Craigs List is starting to look awfully tempting. Howard

I like it! It will make more sense to her once it's put together. I think she may not be able to see the forest for the trees. Hot rodders like us are visionaries by necessity. 8)

like the Iroc Z's in 89?

But I think it is Nice very nice!

:love8:

My wife likes sliver or grey, as she is very conservative. On the radiator support, I guess I will have to look at a few painted cars to see if I may want to do that. The grill needs finishing, so, will also depend on what I do to the grill. I've had the car for several years, so I should have had things planned out. I would like to do some thing a little different though. Howard

fellow washingtonian checking in,,,, looks good howard,,, man I like that color, I mean that would go great in the 72. by the way the scamp is getting carpet, windshield, interior and tune up as I speak, gonna be a daily driver whilest i work on the 72. Looking forward to drivin.

have a great one, can't wait to hear the 340

kevin.

I do have a 340 for the car, but needs a total rebuild. I'm weighing that against a 383 conversion. I have a while to decide.

KEVIN: Glad to see the Scamp being put to good use. Howard

The color is called speed blue. I don't know if it was a factory color for any make and model, but I wanted a bright color, and looks like it is. I'll be running a black hood with the traditional black belly band. Will be installing a small block, but an add for a 383 on Craigs List is starting to look awfully tempting. Howard

I was in Ingles parking lot and a semi-retired fellow came up talking to about my car. He was out getting up all of the grocery carts. He said "Man I love bright colors on those old cars.....they just look so much better than brown, tan and dark colors...they just don't jump out at you like the bright colors!"

I agree.

I think ramcharger is right.8)
I like it allot :cheers:Richard petty look:read2:

-
Back