Its a small world............

-

340sixpack

Reaction score
Like a bad penny,this is the third time ive seen it on e-bay since we sold it!Last time it was in Florida,she sure is making her way around the states and seems every new owner keeps dumping a ton of money in it.Hate to tell em
it cost $6500.00 to build the first time:-D

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1973....c0.m245&_trkparms=72:317|65:12|39:1|240:1318

cuda.jpg

Funny years ago I had a 70 barracuda that just kept haunting Me.
I bought it thinking would be an easy resto . Then found out how expensive E-body parts were ! The car was an absolute mongrel! It was originally a /6 3-spd, had a 318-4-spd when I got it , the interior was from a 71 and some idiot swapped the dash pad w/out changing over the vin tag made it impossible to smog/register. I sold it to some guy who said He wanted to build it up as a father & son project I tried to persuede the guy it was a bad Idea .The guy was practically crying about how his son wanted this car .
Against my better judgement I sold it to him . Some time later I got a call from their neighbor's mother aparently He had sold it to them . The stupid s.o.b. tried to forge the paperwork and gave them a smog certificate from a chevy truck.(back then you were issued a paper cetificate to take to the DMV)I informed Her that I had sold it as a parts car only and had made this guy sign a release absolving me from any responsibility before I sold it to Him.
Then again after I had thought the car was long gone I got a notification from a towing co. Saying the car had been abandoned and I being the last registered owner could purchase it back by just paying the towing and storage fees totaling a whopping $150. ( I often wonder if I should have bought it back and parted it out It did have a nice grille, bumpers ,fenders etc.) The car itself was a rust bucket with a see through trunk floor.
Never did reply to the letter .I got one more call sometime later about it ,once again someone tracked Me down left a message on My answering machine ,I never returned the call . That was a learning experience !
I wonder if I've ever walked past that car or parts from it at a car show?
Guess I'll never know !:toothy10:

Hey jomoper that sounds like a real mess that guy left you with.If you knew then what you know now you could of bought that back and made some money!

Hey Ben this was the old mans ride.Exterior the only change looks like the spoiler and the driving lights.Paints the same color which makes me wonder if
it was repainted.The Florida owner called us,was told it was new when he bought it.Told him it was done in the early 90s and he didnt beleive us.We still
have the paint in the cabinet from it with a date on it:toothy10:I would have a hard time believing it needed anything done to it,it was perfect.

Under hood looks the same,a/c is new,electric fans and nitrous been added on.Why they put nitrous on it i dont know the thing was crazy fast as it
was.This car came from a salvage yard in 75',front collision damage,turned into a race car,then retired into a street car in 91'.

Sold in 2004,went to western Iowa,then to Virginia,then to Florida,now in
California,and who knows where else in between!Good to see its still alive and well!

-
Back