It's alive!

-

MB43

Reaction score
After broken starters, bad head gaskets, crappy intake gaskets, a bunch of leaks and a semi-dead battery, I was finally able to start my Duster!

It was a long time coming... A few squirts of starting fluid into the carb, pushed the start button and it fired right up. Started smoking right away, that concerned me until I found that it was old coolant, oil and tranny fluid on the headers.

But it's running! Doesn't look like there's any coolant in the oil (that's good), one brake cylinder still needs to be replaced, the brakes have to be bled, and I'm still waiting on replacement nuts from Wilwood. If all goes well I'll be ready for racing next weekend.

:hello1:

duster340 said:
glad your getting out from the garage!

Soon! I was gonna roll it out into the driveway to finish up the brakes (it's kinda tight on the driver's side of the car in the garage) but I've decided that the car is gonna have to come out of the garage under it's own power, and be able to stop once it's out. So a few more days and it'll be closer to being race-ready.

I had a few spare moments yesterday, so I decided to lay one of my sponsor's decals on the car. I think they came out good and they look really nice on this car - they really stand out.

1000816.jpg

1000820.jpg

1000817.jpg

Here's how the car's been for the last few months:

1000819.jpg

I need to get my garage cleaned up like yours.
To much crap in mine and the walls definitally need sheetrock

Got my own decals on the doors now...

1000826.jpg

1000827.jpg

1000828.jpg

-
Back