Its back

-

AdamR

Big Member
Reaction score
My 71 Scamp has shown up for sale again. Same guy that had it in ebay last year. He was trying to get $13,000 for it. Had it in 2 times, The first time it sold to an account that I assume was his wifes with feed back left for the sale and all. The second time sold for 10K to another account with no history.

Now he wants $18,500. Still dont know why he repaited the entire car which was 90% original paint and in amazing shape. The trunk lid is ridiculous and his video on youtube show the motor has next to no oil pressure at idle. Probably due to running the 11:1 compression on pump gas and it beating the snout out of the bearings as it detonates.

http://www.cars-on-line.com/63023.html

$18.5k for that?? I think NOT!! What's with the black trunk lid and the 340 call outs on the trunk and hood?? Not to mention the rims and the jacked up rear? Clown car!!

Wow its powered by an 8 3/4 rear. I wonder how much HP the rear puts out to power that 833 pistol grip. lol

The guy that owns it now is a Chevy guy. Heres a picture of it when I owned it. The rims, 8-3/4 and 4 speed were put in by the guy that I sold it to. He got tired of beating the crap out of it and sold it to the currant owner, a Chevy guy that owns a body shop. He repainted the entire car, dyed the roof and has been trying to flip it since. He's had it a few years now.

Attachments

• 87.jpg
    132.9 KB · Views: 353
  • 49.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 338
  • 76.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 336
Heres a video. Watch the oil pressure gauge.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4eBQgrjBEZA"]FOR SALE: 1971 Plymouth Scamp - YouTube[/ame]

Of all days to make the video, he HAD TO PICK GARBAGE DAY....

When watching the video,look at the tire clearance difference of the pass.side and the drivers side.Could use some different tires and maybe adjust the rear abit to drivers side.Still no armrests?

Looks like a straight well done car.
I'm not a fan of the blackouts and callouts,
I like all paint and scoops.
Might have a little problem selling for that price
but all and all very nice.

You can hear the lifters rattleing, but I like the looks of the car....

Big Solid cam, 260/265 @.050" and aluminum roller rockers. It was an old race motor that ran 11.6 at 115 in a 68 Satellite.

Aha,love those solid lifter engines,wonder whats up with oil pressure? prob been spankin it real hard...lol

The engine has not aged well. Looked great when you had it. Is that rust on the unsilenced air cleaner? 18.5? Everyone thinks what they have is gold.

I sold it to another guy in 08 for $6000 and I thought I made out good. It still needed the suspension done and had a 7.25 in it when I sold it. The current owner has had it for probably 3 years.

I sold it to another guy in 08 for $6000 and I thought I made out good. It still needed the suspension done and had a 7.25 in it when I sold it. The current owner has had it for probably 3 years.

Yep .. I remember this sale on this car..

That's almost as bad as the used, tired looking LD340 for sale on moparts for $350.

Surprised that one hasn't gotten eaten up by the wolves over there., :)

That's almost as bad as the used, tired looking LD340 for sale on moparts for $350.

That's ok, someone who "we used to know" has changed his screen name and has one for sale on ebay for $375. Could be the same person....

[ame="http://www.ebay.com/itm/MOPAR-EDELBROCK-LD340-INTAKE-WITH-CHRYSLER-PART-/141212853276?pt=Vintage_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item20e0f1241c"]Mopar Edelbrock LD340 Intake with Chrysler Part | eBay[/ame]

For that price, I would consider selling one of mine...

18k...lmao good luck.. the trunk is plain stupid looking. the hood isn't much better. rear rims have a horrible backspace and causes a horrible looking stance. body looks nice but lucky if it fetched 10k for that thing.

Theres 2 on Moparts, The one that looks like it was carved open for a spread bore with a ax and our buddy Bobs $350 gold plated version.

18k...lmao good luck.. the trunk is plain stupid looking. the hood isn't much better. rear rims have a horrible backspace and causes a horrible looking stance. body looks nice but lucky if it fetched 10k for that thing.

Yeah its not the sellers market that it was when I sold it. Its also been beat on for 6 years. That motor needs to be gone through, the hood and trunk lid IMO need to be painted and it needs rims that actually fit the back of the car. I also hate cragars, They make the car look cheap.

-
Back