{{{{{{ it's finally alive - VIDEO ADDED }}}}}}

-

rickstershemi

It's True....I'm Nutz
Reaction score
Yep....fired up the 408 today on the test stand I built and it runs great....no leaks, fairly aggressive idle and snappy as all get-out....oh yeah love the tunnel ram and 500 avs's
boogie.gif

Now....after a good 20 minute run-in @ 2000 rpm and a few heat cycles....i ck'd cranking compression and all holes are between 205 - 210
shock.gif

Best guess on compression is somewhere around 10.5 - 11.1 flat top icons / 5cc reliefs @ zero deck.....J Heads 2.02/1.60 midly massaged that have been decked a few times throughout their life and uncertain on volume...????

Erson Cam: Intake 312/504 Exhaust 320/517 110+4 Gross Lift: Intake 335/248 @.050 Exhaust 345/256 @.050

Timing is locked out for now at 32* w/10* start retard, the MSD E-Curve works flawlessly and not a hint of detonation on 93 pump swill with zero load of course.....will it live on 93 on the street....?????

Keep in mind the 64 Valiant will probably end up weighing at close to 3000# 4-speed and 3,23's w/27" tires
1343795-scratchchin.gif

Engine builder seems to feel it will be A/OK.....what are your thoughts ??????

Rickster

Not that we don't believe you, but we need a video including a big smokey burnout. LOL. Can't wait to hear it.

Ok.....here's a short video....don't expect much....lol It's running pig rich....need to install a regulator as the pressure is at 9lbs and the AVS's like 5.5 - 6lbs max.

Rickster

Thats awesome, its a good feeling right?
I think you will be just fine on 93 pum gas. I am running a small block stroker, luminum heads forged aluminum pistons, about 11-11.5 compression, 38 degrees total timming and i run 91 octane with no detonation of knock.

Thats awesome, its a good feeling right?
I think you will be just fine on 93 pum gas. I am running a small block stroker, luminum heads forged aluminum pistons, about 11-11.5 compression, 38 degrees total timming and i run 91 octane with no detonation of knock.

Yeah it is...!!!!! Glad to hear your running 91 on your combo.....any idea whar your cranking compression is...??????

Rickster

Nice. That sounds great. I have to get me one of those stands.

I can build ya one just like it....:toothy7:and thanks to all for the nice comments....I'm a li'l excited...could ya tell...!!!!!

Rickster

It was about two years ago when I built mine, but if I remember correctly, it was close to yours, around 205-215. I assume when you get it tuned in with that super duper distributor, you are going to run more timming right?

around 205-215, it was about a year ago, so memory is a bit foggy... I was wanting to get that same distributor you have, but I opted for the MSD Pro billet instead. When you get it tuned, and in the car, are you going to run more timming?

around 205-215, it was about a year ago, so memory is a bit foggy... I was wanting to get that same distributor you have, but I opted for the MSD Pro billet instead. When you get it tuned, and in the car, are you going to run more timming?

You know it :downtown:

Rickster

Kickass bud! Just keep that lit cigg away from that fuel tank! lol

That's a nice ride sir!
does it hook good are you running Caltracs?
could you send me pics and info on the engine stand
thank you
Bruce b

That's a nice ride sir!
does it hook good are you running Caltracs?
could you send me pics and info on the engine stand
thank you
Bruce b

Hey Bruce....hasn't been together yet....but no on the Caltracs at this time anyway.....it's destined to be just a fun street terror....no real interest in racing it at the track....but you never know :toothy7:

Heading out for a small vacation, but can post some better pics of the stand for ya when I get back.....just made it out of some spare steel we had lying around :happy7:

Rickster

-
Back