Its not a Mopar,but....

-

Sparky

Reaction score
my brother in law offered to sell it, so I could not resist. Has not been on the road for a long time. All the chrome should arrive tomorrow. My first time crawling all over a 55 Nomad, lots to learn.

Attachments

• 081.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 271
  • 084.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 255
  • 077.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 268
  • 071.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 260
There is some nomad after market mostly around the California surfer spots.. everything common is available... good year for a nomad... all the bell air Biscayne interior stuff... great score

350ci, turbo 400 with a few bolt on's Has not run in about 7 or 8 years. Custom 80's interior, I can live with. Will get it running first off and then start to install all the outer chrome. Wheels and tires, they seem to look pretty nice with Cragar type wheels. I have a set on my 64 Cutlass, will have to check the bolt pattern. He has all the outer chrome and I understand it has been re-chromed or has re pop stuff. Has the original steering wheel that has a really cool center section. Will tweak it this winter and hopefully be driving it next summer. I went down to the shop to stare at it some more, it is a really cool car!

Attachments

• 050.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 245
  • 037.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 247
  • 042.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 266
  • 034.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 262
Those are very expensive cars! He gave it to you?

Just an amazing car. Congrats.

Nice old car!! First car I drove was a 55 wagon, my Dad's "second car" before I bought mine. Had the "5 cylinder" 235 6

Nice Score,

Buddy of mine in high school had one with a 396 and damned if that thing wouldn't pull the wheels.

I have a never to be forgotten memory of us just kicking it in the back seat sucking down some cold ones, smoking a reefer and listening to Voodoo Chile !!! (Hendrix)

Lol, that was many years ago.

Thumbs Up !!!

And, it turns out, you CAN "Moparize" these.............

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOcJuiQx5JA"]Cross Country in a Gasser 1955 Chevy with a Hemi! - Roadkill Ep. 30 - YouTube[/ame]

That thing is coolness.

And, it turns out, you CAN "Moparize" these.............

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOcJuiQx5JA

Not really. A buddy of mine had a show winning '56 that he put a 413 cross ram into after his Rat puked it's guts once too often. Everything was Skittles and beer until some cloaca sent pics of the car to the Nomad Owners Club, whereupon his membership was revoked, he was barred for life, and the car was removed from their registry. In response he said :finga: lace painted it, and his widow still has it.

Please check the front end before driving it...I recall that the 55's actually used ball-bearings in the front wheels. Please tell us it does not still have drum brakes and a single master cylinder!

If so, I recall 68-74 Nova or 1970-81 Camaro parts are damn near a bolt-on upgrade.

Does it still have the 55 rear end?

First: Great find. It's an American Classic.

Second. Stop apologizing. "It's not a MoPar but..". Starting your thread with a weak comment, doesn't bode well for anyone. You bought a Classic and there's nothing demeaning about it.

The Brand Loyalists ( many of whom also own other brands) will moan and grown, but most would be thrilled to own a 55 Nomad. Those who wouldn't, don't.

It's your car, it's your decision, and it a really Awesome buy.

Congratulation!

Exactly. I cannot understand why anyone would want to "Moparize" it. Whatever that means. It's great just like it is.

First: Great find. It's an American Classic.

Second. Stop apologizing. "It's not a MoPar but..". Starting your thread with a weak comment, doesn't bode well for anyone. You bought a Classic and there's nothing demeaning about it.

The Brand Loyalists ( many of whom also own other brands) will moan and grown, but most would be thrilled to own a 55 Nomad. Those who wouldn't, don't.

It's your car, it's your decision, and it a really Awesome buy.

Congratulation!

Not an issue here, I own another chev ,vw and an olds.Not apologizing, no reason to and yes it is an American Classic.
Will find out all about it in time, though I am sure it still has drums. It will take time and probably membership on another board like this. Should be fun.

Nice find,enjoy it! Lots of chrome,to install. Enjoy the damn thing.

-
Back