It's Ratched not Ratchet!!!

-

giphy.gif

We call our company nurse, "Nurse hatchet". She just :rolleyes: and laughs.

First major printer I worked for had a site nurse with that nickname..... That woman was something else lol...... Love that movie. They don't make em' like that anymore....

JW

My Daughter in law is a nurse (way younger than me). Every now and then I call her Nurse Ratchet but she's never seen the movie so she doesn't get it!!!

Ratchet does work better. But thank you for the correction.

aka Big Nurse. I don't remember if we are told who first called her that.

For 45 years I always thought it was Nurse Ratchet. What a fool I have been!!
I first saw this at our small town local theater, and they had not received whatever reel it was THAT HAD THE FISHING TRIP. And they told NOBODY!! And they offered NO refund!!!

Hell I never knew that either!! LOL

My Daughter in law is a nurse (way younger than me). Every now and then I call her Nurse Ratchet but she's never seen the movie so she doesn't get it!!!
I sure HOPE your daughter in law is way younger than you! LOL
Tell her there’s an awesome old Jack Nicholson movie she needs to watch - be advised, she might slug you next time she sees you.

Funny, I just finished reading Ken Kesey's book (that the movie was based on) for the first time. I've put it off because the ending is so frustrating, but it was a good book.

Just seeing her again makes my blood boil. But up till the 1960's [maybe later] they didn't know how to treat mental patients so they blasted their brains with electricity, or soaked them in ice water, or gave them lobotomies with an ice pick over the eye socket. 'titticutt folies' is a short movie on u-tube about a men's prison in Mass. Some pretty bizarre stuff. Also, there are several tours of the Norwich State Hospital of CT, before they tore it down [also on u-tube]. It shows some of the equipment they used and some of the living conditions. In general they did a good job of helping people with problems.

The actress who played nurse Ratched did an excellent job. To have vile hatred of somebody within an hour of seeing them for the first time is great acting.

Just seeing her again makes my blood boil. But up till the 1960's [maybe later] they didn't know how to treat mental patients so they blasted their brains with electricity, or soaked them in ice water, or gave them lobotomies with an ice pick over the eye socket. 'titticutt folies' is a short movie on u-tube about a men's prison in Mass. Some pretty bizarre stuff. Also, there are several tours of the Norwich State Hospital of CT, before they tore it down [also on u-tube]. It shows some of the equipment they used and some of the living conditions. In general they did a good job of helping people with problems.

The actress who played nurse Ratched did an excellent job. To have vile hatred of somebody within an hour of seeing them for the first time is great acting.
I remember reading that that actress was one of the most disliked persons at that time. Lol. You know you did a good job as a villain if you make the hated list.

I saw the movie "No Country for old men" once again, recently. And I REALLY dislike this guy! What a jerk!

0348_3131-2000.jpg

I remember reading that that actress was one of the most disliked persons at that time. Lol. You know you did a good job as a villain if you make the hated list.

I saw the movie "No Country for old men" once again, recently. And I REALLY dislike this guy! What a jerk!

View attachment 1715946126
"No Country for Old Men" is a great movie, I've watched it many times. I though Sugar was GREAT!!! He always kept his word.

-
Back