Its summer and your ride is on jack stand

-
Man, I thought about starting a thread just like this today!!
I was walking downtown, and I see Corvettes driving by me, and motorcycles, vintage Cadillac, and here is me, walking.

It sure it irritating. It sat most of last Summer, I hoping that wont be the case much longer!

I got mine running and driving(66 Dart 410/904)then poof!No gears in the tranny,which was just redone for racing?WTF?Guess it,s coming back out to be looked at and should have it back in by the end of the week.Dam holdups!Glad I have 2 cars.
Sorry to hear this if you need any help let me know.

im still waiting on getting my rear diff back from the gear shop.

P5230006.jpg

Mines not on jackstands,but still runs with a dying slant six that smokes like a coal factory and a 904 that makes a buzzing noise while running and I have a 360 and 727 TF,but still need lots of parts to make the swap =( :and parts are VERY hard to find here::;\
I figure if I could atleast get the swap done by August,i can enjoy the rest of the summer in it.

ahh hell,ill drive it in the winter too if i have to,lol

Most of you guys are doing this all wrong. You should drive it while you work on it. I know it looks like &%*&, but at least I can drive it. :bootysha: Right now I have my temporary motor in the dart until my 360 is finished being built.

Dart side.jpg

Yeah, most of us fall into the "well, might as well do ___insert 12 projects here____ while it's apart" kinda thing :lol:

Thanks
Your car and mine look like brothers,they would look awsome side by side this weekend at Musclepalooza.Small block or Big block hiding under the big bug catcher?
Doug

Mine isn't on jack stands, it's just parked 800 miles away. :(

Shop says my crank is fine...thanks to a member on here. Says its very good, never been turned.

But Summit had the pistons at a far away warehouse so shop is still waiting for everything...haven't told the shop I like it done this Friday ha ha. I be up there Thursday morning to drop off my b & m flex plate for the balancing job.

Boy it be great but if not guess next weekend for sure.

Glad my car isn't all torn up, lol

I gotta get that engine bay clean and painted

Might be off topic for this one, but i wish mine was on jack stands. car runs and drives with a mild 318 and i have a built up 360 sitting in the garage waiting for the time to put it in......

i will be back on the road again this weekend. got the rear end back today. 3:55's and a suregrip. cant wait to see how different it is from the 2:71's!

P5252442.jpg

i will be back on the road again this weekend. got the rear end back today. 3:55's and a suregrip. cant wait to see how different it is from the 2:71's!

It be different alright. Traffic is going to seem to take off sooooo slow it seems from now on, lol

Yep--no motor this weekend but should be in and getting ready a week from now.8)

Our hemi roadrunner is stuck in the garage for now, tearing off the heads this weekend.... bad compression in all cylinders...

Sorry for the crappy cell phone pict, but I am making progress.

img1275135487466.jpg

This week, I cut the bushings out of the lower control arms and took them to the blaster. My lca stiffeners showed up in the mail. They should be welded in next week if my buddy is not too busy. Then I can start some reassembly!!

-
Back