ive asked before but...gas gauge =D

-

KramerSwinger70

70 Dart Swinger360
Reaction score
so my gas gauge isnt working right. never reads what it should have. prolly a faulty float.is a float and a sending unit the same thing?

anyway does anyone know where i can pick up a good float for cheap? also, assuming its the gauge itself and not the float, where could i get that fuixed at? could i buy new wires?

another thing. i plan to upgrade to a 360,. currently have a /6. do i need to get a different gas tank for the bigger engine? would a tank come with fuel lines, ect? thanks

The float is on the end of your sending unit. Once you pull it, you can get a better idea if the float is damaged and if it needs to be replaced. Inspect the sending unit and test it as well. I believe both can still be purchased through your local dealer (the float for sure).

Re: the gauge. Check your Yellow Pages for a gauge/speedometer repair shop near you.

Re: the tank. No need to upgrade it but you may want to think about increasing the diameter of the fuel line if you think your new 360 requires more fuel delivery.

cool. any idea how expensive it would be to repair? ive seen sending units (float included) goin for $80-130. sounds pricey to me but idk hgow much a shop would charge to test my gauges!

Float: Ford P/N COAZ-9202-B
Strainer "sock": GM P/N 5651 705
Gasket: Chrysler P/N 6031 475
Sender grounding clip: Chrysler P/N 2258 862

-
Back