I've Got a few Radiator/Trany Cooler Questions

-

soaringcowman

Reaction score
Ok i'm going /6 to 360/727 with a 8 3/4 with 4.10 sure grip. I'm needing to replace my radiator and i'm gonna go external transmission cooler. I'm thinking about going with this summit radiator package thats got the aluminum radiator and fan assembly (now will this be good for a 360 and possibly a 408 down the road)??

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/SUM-CSUM3800/

And i also need a good tranny cooler, the car will be getting a 3,000 stall, so what would be a good overall size on the cooler itself? and on those transmission lines will my /6 lines be the same size fittings as the 727? cuz what i'm thinking of doing is cutting the lines about 1/2 to 3/4 way to the front of the car and then doing flexable hose line to the cooler itself just to keep the cost and then down the road go to nice -an fittings with braided hose.

That fan and radiator combo should do the trick. Just make sure it's going to fit. I tried an electric fan on a stock type radiator(3 core) and there just wasn't enough room between it and the water pump. On the tranny cooler the bigger the better. About the AN fittings the tranny itself has 1/8" pipe threads where they screw in. If you cut the steel lines get some 5/16" to #6 hard tube adapters to AN from Summitt or Jegs. I believe the radiator fittings are 1/8" pipe thread also. They are on mine.

sweet didn't realize they made that fitting...thanks alot for the input jefflock

-
Back