Jacked Up Dash Pads

-

sublimeswinger

SUBLIME Senior Member
Reaction score
I was just reading another post and thought it may be a good, or funny idea to have people post some pics of their jacked up dash pads. We all know this is one piece that is usally F'd up so lets see em. I bet mine is by far the worst and since im at work i will post pics soon.
So lets see them. SHOW ME YOUR PADS!

I'm game, the pic might have to wait until the weekend being it is dark when I get home.

Chuck

Here you go! Do I win a roll of duct tape and a can black Krylon?

Duster 10.JPG

Nothing jacks up Dashpads like the CA, AZ, NV Desert heat... Both these pictures look better than the pad really is!

Dashpad3.jpg

Dashpad2.jpg

I think it must be the dry heat here in Colorado that turned mine into the dried piece of crap that it is. I really can't believe that I've owned the car this long and still have not replaced it. It will be replaced some time soon along with a different steering wheel.

Isn't it funny that everyone thinks "If I throw this piece of 2" wide black tape over this Grand Canyon size crack nobody will notice it". It's hard to see my piece of tape in this shot but it is directly above the heater controls. I might post another picture if there is a tie and we need to have a "Crack Off".

Rich :rolleyes:

DSC01176.jpg

Man it hurts to look at those.

The one in my 69 swinger is original and crack free.

And in case it ever does crack I have an even better one stored in the basement that I got at a junk yard in the 1980's

Man it hurts to look at those.

The one in my 69 swinger is original and crack free.

And in case it ever does crack I have an even better one stored in the basement that I got at a junk yard in the 1980's

Same with mine, my original looks like new and is crack free.

WOW When i started this thread i had no idea that there was anyone with a worse pad than mine. I still did not have a chance to take pics, this weekend i will. It looks like mine is bad, But maybe not the worst> lol

Me neither, man those are some messed up dash pads. Mine compared to these is show car quality. I not even going to bother taking a pic of mine.

Chuck

When this thread started I tought I'd wait a day or two then get a pic of the pad in my 68 parts car. No need now. I cant compete with this.
Is congrats proper for the worlds worst dashcap ?

I think it must be the dry heat here in Colorado that turned mine into the dried piece of crap that it is. I really can't believe that I've owned the car this long and still have not replaced it. It will be replaced some time soon along with a different steering wheel.

Isn't it funny that everyone thinks "If I throw this piece of 2" wide black tape over this Grand Canyon size crack nobody will notice it". It's hard to see my piece of tape in this shot but it is directly above the heater controls. I might post another picture if there is a tie and we need to have a "Crack Off".

WOW When i started this thread i had no idea that there was anyone with a worse pad than mine. I still did not have a chance to take pics, this weekend i will. It looks like mine is bad, But maybe not the worst> lol

Rich,

Damn, I think you have me beat! Yeah, the tape thing is pretty funny.

Yep, The altitude, dry heat and sun here are brutal on anything plastic. Including rented VHS tapes. Don't ask how I know.

Yeah, mine in my cuda looks like it caught on fire is what I say, though it's not quite as bad as some here. I hide my ugliness with a cheap piece of carpet bought at a car show.

:shaking2::shaking2::sign5:

MAN! I haven't laughed that hard in weeks! Reminds me of pics of Death Valley...

Well now I dont feel so bad about the few cracks in mine. Thanks guys

I was under the impression that I'd seen some crappy dash pads in the past. This has been an enlightening thread.

I'd be a little worried about hoboes and/or families of potentially lethal wild animals taking sanctuary in some of this "aggressive surface texture". :yawinkle:

-
Back