Jacking question/ caltrac

-

scampy

Reaction score
So I've been wondering when I jack the rear of the car up by the center of the rear housing it does not jack square. The drivers side jacks higher than the passenger. The front jacks basically level and this is with the front on ramps.I though before it was the ss springs but the split monos from calvert I don't think there is a difference on the springs. So i'm wondering if it does this because of the different preload I run from side to side on the bars or maybe the difference I run in the front torsion bars cause i'm a big boy or just something else?? any thoughts are appreciated.

1. Should not jack up rear from center of 8 3/4, the housing is stamped steel and not as stiff as a cast iron center. (Yes I know everyone myself included has / does do it)
  2. Mopars have the engine/trans shifted to one side (passenger side IIRC)
  3. Your springs might have different spring rates side to side.
  4. You might have binding in the suspension bushings etc.

It’s probably just a slight inbalance; it’s nearly impossible to get it perfect. My car is on jack stands right now and the driver’s rear is fits loosely under the car And barely touches.

So I've been wondering when I jack the rear of the car up by the center of the rear housing it does not jack square. The drivers side jacks higher than the passenger. The front jacks basically level and this is with the front on ramps.I though before it was the ss springs but the split monos from calvert I don't think there is a difference on the springs. So i'm wondering if it does this because of the different preload I run from side to side on the bars or maybe the difference I run in the front torsion bars cause i'm a big boy or just something else?? any thoughts are appreciated.

Mine is the same way .

I'm guessing I'm changing the spring rate/load somehow? Would the stiffer side come off ground 1st or the softer?

-
Back