Jacks: 69 cuda fastback

-
Nice looking Barracuda man....keep going and don't give up. That broken bolt looked like a pain the butt, I hate that! I broke off an exhaust bolt in the head just before putting the motor in my car, I was so mad. I went through about $20 in drill bits and finally had to call in an experienced friend to finish it off for me, I just didn't have the patience. He had a nice set of taps to finish the job.

broken bolts are the worst. exhaust bolts are the worst of the worst. i have had to pull engines to get at them better.

speaking of cudas, how are both of yours coming along????

Well after all winter i finally sold my blazer and had enough to finally order quarters woohoo:cheers: So i got them in 2 weeks ago...all bent to heck so they were sent back. I started sanding some more on my fender last week but it was to cold out to add any filler so i just shaped it some more, i did notice working at a body shop and going to school has helped me out with shaping filler alot so i hope to get moving alot more then last summer :D Hopefully i'll get working on her again some time soon once it warms up a little more.

WOOHOO its finally warm out again so i can get working again :cheers:

anyways i got my quarter pannels in for the second time, look like a hail storm hit them, didnt wanna wait any longer so i said eh and took em. right now im redoing my transmission pan gasket(which i did last year) but it still leaks so im tracking that down, the shifter shaft seal is a PINA trying to do in the car. I"ll get picks of the quarters soon.

WOOHOO its finally warm out again so i can get working again :cheers:

anyways i got my quarter pannels in for the second time, look like a hail storm hit them, didnt wanna wait any longer so i said eh and took em. right now im redoing my transmission pan gasket(which i did last year) but it still leaks so im tracking that down, the shifter shaft seal is a PINA trying to do in the car. I"ll get picks of the quarters soon.

The replacement quarters they`re selling now are pretty low quality. I just went through the same thing as you. My quarters looked like they had cellulite. I `ve blocked them once and they`ll need to be done again. They should all be skim coated once installed. It would be so nice if a higher quality panel was available.

Jack.
I just read this entire thread. You're doing a fantastic job. Congratulations!!

George

thanks, :D well tonight i said screw it and couldnt get the new shifter shaft seal in so i dropped the trans its out now and the seal is in woohoo. Next is to try and figure out who to leak proof the fittings for the trans lines to tranny. then get everything back together and pray for no leaks, i sure nope none come about.

DSC00007.jpg

Removed the trans last night to install the shifter shaft seal, and leak proof it up

DSC00013.jpg

grilles all done and ready for paint

DSC00011.jpg

why cant i find a inspection sheld to fit this, its a 904 and ive tried 4 different plates

DSC00014.jpg

some idiot decided hey lets weld the u joint to the yoke...you serious

DSC00016.jpg

$180 for business shipping and this is how they come :angry7:

DSC00018.jpg

wavier then the ocean

DSC00020.jpg

I hate rust

DSC00019.jpg

now to make it stand like this while taking off :-D :-D 8)

sorry for the overly huge photos but i cant resize them, to bad it doesnt do it automatically. i hate it like this having to scroll over but so be it. Thanks for looking

glad to see progress jack!!! she is gonna have one rust free body when you get done. keep us posted.

Glad to see you back on it, Jack. When I first found this forum, it was this thread that motivated me to dig my notch out and start on it.

DSC00016.jpg

$180 for business shipping and this is how they come :angry7:

DSC00018.jpg

wavier then the ocean

Im not happy with paddock myself, I visited thier store in knightstown Indiana and they were out of stock on my brake line (shocking) so I paid there and they waived the shipping. A couple weeks later my brake lines arrive with the ends sticking out of the box with packing tape around them! WTF...They were not damaged but could have been! An ear full someone will recieve on my next visit!

is it just paddock that ships stuff so crappy, since i know everyone gets the parts(body pannels) from the same place in tiwan. and i can tell the dents were not from shipping they are from the plant or were dented before shipping. thoughts???:angry7:

is it just paddock that ships stuff so crappy, since i know everyone gets the parts(body pannels) from the same place in tiwan. and i can tell the dents were not from shipping they are from the plant or were dented before shipping. thoughts???:angry7:

I think everybody tosses them in a big box with little more than the box to protect them during shipping, but like you say, the dents are probably there before they even go in the box.

well added transmission fluid today and fired her up. noticed it still have a 'stuck lifer tick' to it restarted it a couple times and it eventually went away woohoo. i had a question plugs are black(very rich) same goes for the exhaust which way do the adjustment screws go on the stock 2bbl (carter right??) to lean it out some is it in or out, i dont remember. other then that it ran great :cheers: now i just need some warmer weather to throw some mroe filler on that dang fender so i can get her moving at night time for the cruises my favorite :).

O and did i mention i go to school for auto body, done for the summer and got a job at a body shop full time now.:-D

the screws are right=lean, left=rich. turn them out til highest rpm, then 1/4 turn in.

Good work on your Barracuda! It gives some inspiration to watch real projects grow with limited budgets rather than those on TV. Keep the pictures coming.

I seem to be delayed everytime I intend to start something on my 67 Barracuda 383/4spd, or my garage is filled with something else than my cars..

Your progress is a great inspiration, Jack, keep up the good work and the postings.

Kent, I am in the same boat with you. I found a '68 Barracuda fastback locally in May. I have been building out the shop inside my garage since last September (time is very limited), but it is coming along, despite periods of inactivity due to various unrelated circumstances. I will probably have the garage/shop ready by this September; however, I have been working on deciding how I want the car to be when it is done. I have been garnering all kinds of great info from this site and will soon start ordering the necessary parts.

I would like to do as Jack is doing by posting progress (or lack thereof) photos on the site to help others down the road.

Way to go, Jack.

i sure do like threads like this though... watch a old car come back to life...

-RPM

Somebody say no Barracudas for sale in South Dakota? Might check this one out.
http://ragtoproad.com/cars/69barracuda/morepix.html
It's hard to tell navigating the site if this one is actually sold or not.
You are making good progress, despite minor setbacks. They say it builds character....
alan627b
thanks for the link, its amazing to some would look at that and go awh ugly/pile of junk, i was going Dang thats in nice shape Id fix up the lil stuff, brakes, needs a belt, and daily drive that in the summer
:D

-
Back