Jaguar, just went for a ride in one.....

-

ramcharger

Dismember
Reaction score
My buddy finally offered me a ride. It's a Jaguar XKR 100 limited edition. Supercharged all aluminum V-8. 0-6 in 5.3 seconds. We were doing 110 in a blink of an eye through some twisties. It's truly an incredible machine. I didn't take the last pic, but lifted it off the net to show how truly gorgeous this car is. It's a shame to cover up the nose with a license plate..

675A0086.jpg

675A0087.jpg

675A0088.jpg

ScreenHunter_01 Apr. 02 16.03.jpg

The quality of Jags really went up when Ford got their hands on them. Before Ford they were really not very good. What I mean is they were still nice cars but like all Brit cars, reliability was very questionable.

Not as bad as a Rover though…… I laugh at people that buy a new Rover. Nothing depreciates faster. Pay 50k for a new one and it is worth 19k before you you run out one tank of gas. In 3 years you are lucky if you can get 9k for it.

Cool,guess he didn't let ya drive,eh? 8)

Not a chance.... :-D

Zoom Zoom Zoom

:burnout::burnout::burnout:

Love the Big Cat :cheers:

Mary, that big cat puuuuuuurrrrrrred. :-D

The quality of Jags really went up when Ford got their hands on them. Before Ford they were really not very good. What I mean is they were still nice cars but like all Brit cars, reliability was very questionable.

Not as bad as a Rover though…… I laugh at people that buy a new Rover. Nothing depreciates faster. Pay 50k for a new one and it is worth 19k before you you run out one tank of gas. In 3 years you are lucky if you can get 9k for it.

I've always heard of the bad electricals (Lucas, god of darkness :-D) but he's had this for 2 years with zero problems. Monocoque chassis, 14" brakes, 400 buck tires. It handles AND rides like a dream.

Sweet ride, I want one myself.

Rob, the only bad thing is that it's not made for big guys. My eyes were dead even with the upper windshield frame. My buddy is just a couple inches shorter and he kinda hunkers down when he drives.

Dr McKee had a new one back in about 1985 and he said take it out on hwy 63 and have a feel of it =P~
and it sure was nice and stealthy and sure footed 8)
I never thought about how well I fit in it till know Joe, 5'7'' and fit me nicely
I remember that exploration day in it 8)
Hard seat's though :angry7: I do remember that, It was my first and last Jaguar to ever drive :happy10: I think his was a XJE I think 8) And slower then the one you was in
That had to be a blast =P~

Dr McKee had a new one back in about 1985 and he said take it out on hwy 63 and have a feel of it =P~
and it sure was nice and stealthy and sure footed 8)
I never thought about how well I fit in it till know Joe, 5'7'' and fit me nicely
I remember that exploration day in it 8)
Hard seat's though :angry7: I do remember that, It was my first and last Jaguar to ever drive :happy10: I think his was a XJE I think 8) And slower then the one you was in
That had to be a blast =P~

That Jaguar may have been slower but at least you got to drive it. :) I was very impressed by the ride. I really thought it was going to be painfully rough but it was really quite smooth and when we got into the twisties, I don't think the body rolled more than an inch. Very confidence inspiring and never once did I even hear the tires protest one bit. I get the feeling we weren't even close to finding the real limit of this machine.

I'm 5'10"-5'11", my friend is 5'9" so I'm betting that car fit you like a glove. :-D And yes Mike, the seats were hard now that you mention it..... I was kind of squirming around trying to get it to feel right. :angry7:

-
Back