Jamison's '72 Dustpan

-
Got some supplies for Christmas and got to work on the tail light lenses!

merry christmas!.JPG

These are for the grille, too!

merry christmas!.JPG

found a crack in one of the lenses. Just a small one, but still

lens crack.JPG

thanks to FABO! We Super Glued the crack and sanded it down once the glue was completely dry

fixed!.JPG
another shot.JPG
another shot (2).JPG

once the crack was sanded down, a little primer filler and sanded again

primed.JPG

lens crack.JPG

fixed!.JPG

another shot.JPG

another shot (2).JPG

primed.JPG

Totally Auto's spray bomb of grille silver

20100102_20.jpg

all masked up and ready to paint

ready to paint.JPG

after letting the silver dry for about three weeks (we could no longer smell it) we could mask for the stripe

ready to stripe.JPG

How the stripes turned out

stripe.JPG

stripe 2.JPG

ready to paint.JPG

20100102_20.jpg

ready to stripe.JPG

stripe.JPG

stripe 2.JPG

nice car those floor pans looked alot like my 73 did lots of patch's it took me a whole day but hey now welding is just fun keep it up

Just waiting for new seals and ready for a new tail light panel to put them into! :-D

There now wrapped up in bubble wrap waiting for the day.

restored left.JPG

restored right.JPG

Those taillights look super. I have to do the same job for my Duster. Hope to get to it this winter. Keep pecking away at it and you will get there.
C

It is so cool to see this thread this morning :happy10:
Keep up the good work dodgepower
I had an uncle Robert in my life and he was the coolest man on earth
Looks like you have one to dodgepower :happy10::happy10:

keep us posted and this thread really made my morning hearing about your uncle Robert and seeing your 72 for the first time 8)
The tail light's look very good :cheers:

ramenth 8)8):happy10:

It is so cool to see this thread this morning :happy10:
Keep up the good work dodgepower
I had an uncle Robert in my life and he was the coolest man on earth
Looks like you have one to dodgepower :happy10::happy10:

keep us posted and this thread really made my morning hearing about your uncle Robert and seeing your 72 for the first time 8)
The tail light's look very good :cheers:

ramenth 8)8):happy10:

Danged straight he has a cool Uncle Robert, Mike! :-D

Just waiting for the day when I can grab the inspection mask and look over Jamison's shoulder to watch him go to town with the welder! As rumblefish says, "teach 'em young."

I like! :cheers: Keep up the good work and keep the pics flowing! It feels good to get stuff done even if it is the small details. I have been lazy on mine this week but will kick back into gear soon.

Great work buddy. The car will be bitchin'

your right yours already looks it.
I like! :cheers: Keep up the good work and keep the pics flowing! It feels good to get stuff done even if it is the small details. I have been lazy on mine this week but will kick back into gear soon.

your right it does feel good to get stuff done. I have been watching your darts resto but have not chimed in on it yet.

You do the rest of that Duster with the detail that you put in too those tail light lenses thats gonna be one super nice '72. :-D:-D:-D

Just stay focused.....It'll all be worth it in the end. That's what I keep telling myself as I'm working on my '71 Demon. :snakeman:

do you still have the buckets for sale id be interested i have bench with good tracks just needs recovering if interested

Jamison,
I just saw this thread now. Great work on the taillights! Glad to see a young gun with the patience to perform tasks like that. If you put that kind of effort and attention to detail into the rest of the build, that is going to be one terrific looking Duster. Keep up the great work!

Glad to see that uncle Robert is corrupting you to the ways of Mopar at such a young age. Listen to the wise advice and you'll learn alot about Mopars. We're proud of what you're doing. Good luck to you. Can't wait to see how the Duster turns out.

Wylde1.

-
Back