Jay Adams R.I.P.

-

rmchrgr

Skate And Destroy
Reaction score
For any of you guys that knew who Jay Adams was, he passed away from a heart attack the other day at 53.

A giant loss for the skate/surf world. A pioneer skater in the '70s, one of the first radical skaters to come out of Venice/Dogtown.

He had a tough life but always had everyone's respect.

jayadamsskating.jpg

Never heard of him, but if he was skatin that long, he surely musta contributed a lot to the sport. I know I busted my *** tryin to learn to do it and never did. May he RIP.

Jay Adams and his friends contributed hugely to skate boarding/surfing back in the day. There is a documentary called Dogtown about him and his friends. RIP.

Dogtown and Z boys is a very good documentary. Team Zephyr impacted their favorite sport in the same manner that Tiger Woods helped to transform his favorite sport. About two decades earlier, though.

Dude had demons and drug habit his whole life......sad to see him pass. He was arguably the best of all those skaters from his era.

Check out the old Bennett trucks and the deck. Old school for sure. Sad to see anyone pass that young. RIP Jay.

-
Back