Jay Leno first to test drive Dodge's last V8 muscle car

-
Amazing car , unfortunately too expensive for my budget in this life time .

Jay never asks Tim (Dodge CEO) why they're going to stop making gasoline Hellcats, after Tim says they've sold (a bunch). I wonder if he wasn't allowed to question him as to why they're going to build electric cars, when the market hasn't been naturally allowed to accept them, or, is he just on board with electrics.

Jay never asks Tim (Dodge CEO) why they're going to stop making gasoline Hellcats, after Tim says they've sold (a bunch). I wonder if he wasn't allowed to question him as to why they're going to build electric cars, when the market hasn't been naturally allowed to accept them, or, is he just on board with electrics.
Good question!
I suspect Leno is on board with electrics, wants to see what next unique car he can add to his collection.

Jay is just a car guy in general, and loves anything with wheels. Doesn't matter to him what powers it. He seems to love his steam cars a little bit more than others though.

Dodge will be bankrupt within 5 years. Electric cars that make "V8 engine noises" don't seem to be a winner to me.

"CEO of Dodge" No, they mean Stellantis. There is no Dodge. It's just a name plate on a car.

"CEO of Dodge" No, they mean Stellantis. There is no Dodge. It's just a name plate on a car.

He is CEO of Dodge brand, there is also a CEO of Stellantis he reports to. Multiple layers of corporate BS lol.

Dodge will be bankrupt within 5 years. Electric cars that make "V8 engine noises" don't seem to be a winner to me.

There is a good chance Stellantis will be shifting gears (no pun intended) with the recent advent of carbon-free combustion fuels. Recent press release revealed they are looking at continuing development on 28 of their existing ICE architectures with those new fuels. Car companies would rather not go full electric unless they're forced to and the EU is stepping back on its stupid ban on ICE vehicles by 2035 thanks to Germany standing up for its auto industry.

He is CEO of Dodge brand, there is also a CEO of Stellantis he reports to. Multiple layers of corporate BS lol.

There is a good chance Stellantis will be shifting gears (no pun intended) with the recent advent of carbon-free combustion fuels. Recent press release revealed they are looking at continuing development on 28 of their existing ICE architectures with those new fuels. Car companies would rather not go full electric unless they're forced to and the EU is stepping back on its stupid ban on ICE vehicles by 2035 thanks to Germany standing up for its auto industry.
He's the CEO of nothing if Dodge is involved. Dodge is only a name now.

The EPA is trying to kill the Internal Combustion Engine through emissions regulations. The next set of standards are so low that it will be very difficult and expensive to meet them as they now include CO2 regulations (Read Fuel Economy mandates). Current emissions standards are already so low that engine exhaust is cleaner than ambient air in cities like LA. So there is no benefit to reducing emissions further. On smoggy days which occur naturally in LA, a new vehicle actually cleans the air.
Congress is thinking of passing a bill to limit what EPA can do the emissions requirems for trucks as this will hurt delivery businesses and raise costs for everyone. But the president will veto any bill. This means talking to your representative and expressing your concerns. Electric Vehicles are not viable for a number of reasons. I spoke at SEMA on this topic. There isn't enough renewable power, 10 to 20X more wind farms will be needed, there isn't the power transmission capacity to bring the power to cities, and there are charging stations nore local grid capacity to handle the power needs. Then there is the issue with cost and environmental impact of battery production. Up to 1,000,000 tons of earth movement are needed per ton of battery (one Tesla) produced. And all this comes from our Friends across the Pond, China. Talk about energy security. Do we want to be totally dependent on a foreign body that is not our friend for all our logistical and transportation needs? So talk to your representative.

The EPA is trying to kill the Internal Combustion Engine through emissions regulations. The next set of standards are so low that it will be very difficult and expensive to meet them as they now include CO2 regulations (Read Fuel Economy mandates). Current emissions standards are already so low that engine exhaust is cleaner than ambient air in cities like LA. So there is no benefit to reducing emissions further. On smoggy days which occur naturally in LA, a new vehicle actually cleans the air.
Congress is thinking of passing a bill to limit what EPA can do the emissions requirems for trucks as this will hurt delivery businesses and raise costs for everyone. But the president will veto any bill. This means talking to your representative and expressing your concerns. Electric Vehicles are not viable for a number of reasons. I spoke at SEMA on this topic. There isn't enough renewable power, 10 to 20X more wind farms will be needed, there isn't the power transmission capacity to bring the power to cities, and there are charging stations nore local grid capacity to handle the power needs. Then there is the issue with cost and environmental impact of battery production. Up to 1,000,000 tons of earth movement are needed per ton of battery (one Tesla) produced. And all this comes from our Friends across the Pond, China. Talk about energy security. Do we want to be totally dependent on a foreign body that is not our friend for all our logistical and transportation needs? So talk to your representative.

I just posted a thread in Gen Discussion related to this. Looks like the smart people who know what's up aren't going to lay down for this EV B.S. anymore.

-
Back