jc whitney 4-leaf springs on sale for $65 each

-

jasonmrenda

Reaction score
well i am trying to get a "parts" list together so that when i get around to doing my 318 swap in the /6, i can upgrade all the major components at once.

i saw jc whitney has some 4 leaf springs on sale for 65 each. i also have a coupon for 20% off plus free shipping so i could have both springs for about the cost of 1 from other suppliers. i have read that the JCW springs are made by another company and that people have had good luck with them for normal street applications. i had 2 questions: 1 are these 4 leafs ok and 2 can i add a leaf from my original pack if i wanted to?

any thoughts?

thanks all

Woah, Woah, Woah, step away from the order button...
Hope you don't end up like I did ordering the 4-leaf springs from JCW........half way down the page....
http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=17909
To make a long story short, they swore that they were the correct springs for my car and that someone must have modified the suspension. many calls later (after getting the measurements ) they told me that they couldn't get me the correct ones...WTF?!!? and had no way of knowing when they'd be in stock.
Granted that was a couple of years ago, but I would at least call and get the specs on those to make sure the overall length and front eye to axle pin length is correct.

Personally, order the 5 leaf ones, once they settle in, you'll be happy.

you don't want 4 leaf springs......5 for 318, 6 for 340/360 or 6 for stiffer 318

Even my '69 slant six had 5 leaf springs, and it was a strippo with rubber floor mat.

you don't want 4 leaf springs......5 for 318

Depends on the thickness of the leaves and the arch. IMO, it is best to go with a trusted vendor and take what they advise based on the information you provide them with - unless you have some means of doing a thorough eval yourself.

-
Back