jeep 8.25

-

canner78

canner78
Reaction score
has anyone put a jeep 8.25 in a dart? i have a 74 dart sprot and can get a good deal on a 8.25 with 3.55 gears sure grip. is it worth trying to put in or should i keep looking for one out of a dart?

When I bought my 1964 Valiant it had a Jeep 8 1/4 suregrip in it. I switched to a 8 3/4 I came across. If I remember correctly, it was about an 1" wider than A-body, and spring perches were a little different also. Other than that there were no problems. Mike

I measured one at a local pick and pull last weekend, it measures 44"
center to center, spring perch. I don't know if you have to move the pads but that isn't much of a job compared to buying an a-body rear the last one I priced was $750. I was going to buy the Jeep $75 complete drum to drum, but everyone there had over 225k miles, seems like the Jeep owners get there miles out of them before they go the the salvage yard.
Hope this helps.
Bruce

From what I have read on another mopar forum, slantsix.org, the jeep rears are alot more expensive to buy parts for, axle bearings and such. You may want to look into that before buying one to put under your car. A mopar 8 1/4 shouldnt be too hard to find.

-
Back