Jeep XJ in the Mountains!

-
76597_1641514314355_7856428_n.jpg
photo.php
That's awesome. I love my XJ. I have a 96 and I take it everywhere and anywhere I want to go.

photo.php

I think my favorite is Prescott to Crown King because of all the forest.
My second is from the lake direction.
Love that ride.
I put the details together for a group ride from Lake Pleasant to Crown King for the night, and then Crown King to Prescott for the night at the Precott Pines B&B, then all the way back to the lake on Sunday with a stop for lunch and a break at Crown King.
Nobody ever signed up.
Oh well.:D

crown king is my favorite run. Just a blast to drive. Little known is a route to the bottom of the grand canyon. and the funny thing is you could almost take a passenger car on the trail. not challenging but fun for the experience of it all.

You have to stop. Really, stop.
Those pictures are awesome. Your XJ is sweet. But stop before I go out and buy a Cherokee......

Jeeps are like Lego's, there's ton's of parts that swap out and the aftermarket is rife with bolt on parts. :) They seem to be a little more expensive here in Colorado due to the demand, but I bought mine for 900 bucks. I put maybe 2k into it at this point rebuilding the engine, rear axles and diff, rear HD springs, front ZJ springs and tie rod, front bumper etc. I just drove it 2400 miles to N. Wisconsin and back with zero issues, cruise and A/C worked fine, then went trail riding with no breakage. Plus, it's a great dog hauler to get the monsters to the vet.

Ahhhh, that's better.:D
We have a place around here that is about 28 miles long that goes to a town called Crown King where a lot of 4x4's go.
The whole trail is through the national forest and it's blast to ride.
They have a restaurant called The Mill that is an old mining building with the rock crushers and some other really old cool stuff, and they make a KILLER huge pastrami plate with onion garlic fries.
Another 25 miles or so down the other side and you come to Lake Pleasant.

Sounds Awesome! Pictures? I've walked down to Independence Trail and thought "Hell No!", lol.

Great video Joe....looks like fun. I can picture you spending some time @ the new forum Joey's talkin' about.......:cheers:

Thanks C and you bet I'd be there. I've been a member of NAXJA for quite some time but I haven't visited there lately due to the peckerhead quotient.

I think my favorite is Prescott to Crown King because of all the forest.
My second is from the lake direction.
Love that ride.
I put the details together for a group ride from Lake Pleasant to Crown King for the night, and then Crown King to Prescott for the night at the Precott Pines B&B, then all the way back to the lake on Sunday with a stop for lunch and a break at Crown King.
Nobody ever signed up.
Oh well.:D

Sounds like a fun trip! Sometimes getting people together is like herding cats though.

photo.php
That's awesome. I love my XJ. I have a 96 and I take it everywhere and anywhere I want to go.

photo.php

Copy the pic off FB and just load it from your desktop. Make sure it no larger than 800x600, looking forward to the pics. :cheers:

2 door 2006 sport. I should have held out for a rubi... but i didnt.

I'd love to have one too, but a car payment just isn't the cards for me.

Here's another cool trail. My Jeep as it stands could never pull this off...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnKRS9N80bw&feature=related"]Blanca Peak Road, Colorado - July 14, 2007 - YouTube[/ame]

LOL, already have the fever. We own a Waggy. Nothing sicker than loving a FSJ. After my Valiant gets closer to where I want her I'll be hunting for either a J10 or a Cherokee (FSJ or XJ).

LOL, already have the fever. We own a Waggy. Nothing sicker than loving a FSJ. After my Valiant gets closer to where I want her I'll be hunting for either a J10 or a Cherokee (FSJ or XJ).

Excellent! :cheers:

Awesome pics ramcharger!

The wife and I had Cherokees for many years. Every time we wore one out we got another. Loved every one of them. We would still be driving them if still made them with the 4.0 straight 6.
I have a straight 6 I bought from my bro-in-law, I put a 6.5' meyers plow on it with iron on all 4 tires. When someone gets stuck in my driveway in the winter I don't bother with the tractor or pickup, I go straight for the jeep - its unstoppable!

Shush! You're just encouraging the illness.:D

I just got my Quadratec catalog in the mail yesterday... That place is like crack for a Jeep owner. www.quadratec.com... :happy1:

Friggin great stuff there!
looks like a fun way to spend the day with friends etc.

It really is a blast. You could take the kids and dogs along, there's no entry fee like the dragstrip, you'll probably meet some new people on the trail too. At the end of my vid you'll see a couple my buddy and I met at the top of the trail, nice people who managed to get their brand spanking new Power Wagon up there.

Awesome pics ramcharger!

I have a straight 6 I bought from my bro-in-law, I put a 6.5' meyers plow on it with iron on all 4 tires. When someone gets stuck in my driveway in the winter I don't bother with the tractor or pickup, I go straight for the jeep - its unstoppable!

Thanks bigtooth! They are a blast, aren't they?

I love XJ's.

Here's my huntin rig.

I have plans for a mild lift with 31's.

021.jpg

Nice basic rig to start with! It's almost too nice. :)

Is it an older Fabo thread or somewhere else?

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=89636&highlight=Jeep :D

Loved this video! Thanks for posting it.
Looks like fun, doesn't it?

Very coool pics. To bad I really dont have anywhere like that to go around here. I like the Cherokees but I'm a wrangler guy. Went to Rausch creek PA maybe a month ago.

IMG_0728.jpg

I got a little in over my head, thank god for my winch.

IMG_0745.jpg

Very coool pics. To bad I really dont have anywhere like that to go around here. I like the Cherokees but I'm a wrangler guy. Went to Rausch creek PA maybe a month ago.

IMG_0728.jpg

I got a little in over my head, thank god for my winch.

IMG_0745.jpg

Sweet Wrangler, love the color! Hey, if you don't the winch out, the trail was too easy, right?

-
Back