Jeffreys Dart Needs to get that *** up!

-

JeffreysDart

Reaction score
my 69 Dart rear springs are looking limp and flat... i want to get that *** up in the air with a mean raked look!

What do y'all recommend?

Put a bar of soap in front of it?:p
I put those bolt on booster leafs to stop a little rubbing. You can barely see them and they aren't radical.
vbpgimage.php

vbpgimage.php

Air shocks. They are like 80 bucks and you can fill them up/deflate them to your desired ride height.

Get the 2800 pound S/S springs. Mancini Racing has them, Item #: MOP863-864, $230 for the pair.

Get some good leafs. I wouldn't do air shocks.. Harsh ride and if one line blows your screwed.

You're def right about the ride quality, I never had a issue with a line blowing out though.. Even if it did blow out I wouldn't think it would be "your screwed", it would just be the leaf springs supporting the car until you fixed it. It's just a band-Aid mod :)

I rebuilt my springs with some leaf sections from a roadrunner, it used to drag, and now it has a stock stance, put another in, and it would give that *** end up look.

here we go again with air shock bashing. I have been using them for 30 years. my cars ride just fine. in fact if you rode in it , you would never even know I had air shocks unless I told you. 99% of the time its user error that blow them up and break **** because they try to jack the *** to the sky with 700 pounds of air pressure then load 5 dead bodies in the trunk.

Yes Big B Barracuda, what is your set up?
:happy1:

mancini drag shocks, Actually correction i went with the KYB S/S shocks (drag) ..... work well but i suspect the mancini drag shocks would have worked better.

and 2800 S/S leaf springs from jegs.

what 69_340_GTS said......macini... same price

drop a heavier motor in the front
that will make it look like the rear is up higher

700 pounds of air pressure then load 5 dead bodies in the trunk.

Lmao!!! I ran a set of Gabriel hijackers for about two years and the ride quality left something to be desired. My new kyb's have a better ride and I've heard them called harsh shocks lol

What I did worked great, I admit "I got lucky." Maybe you can find someone reworking another A in your area. I had junked out a later Demon/ Duster and too both my original, and the junker spring packs apart, and used the LONGEST springs out of each pack. I think I ended up (trial run) with one more leaf than the originals. They stiffened the rear right up, and "jacked" it just right for me

attachment.php

Put a bar of soap in front of it?:p
I put those bolt on booster leafs to stop a little rubbing. You can barely see them and they aren't radical.
vbpgimage.php

vbpgimage.php

Loved the rear wheel arches.. Nice...

WHAT SIZE on the rear tire and wheel?:coffee2:

These rear are 28-10.5-15 on 15x10 wheel. Here's a shot with some 275-60-15 drag radial on 15-8.5 wheel. Same car it's just being re painted. I want to take the super stock out and get a set of mono leaf

Attachments

• image.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 189
-
Back