jegs 2 1/2'' exhaust install

-
Again you guys never fail to help. I appreciate all the knowledge of the guys on this site.

1BA1A7C7-BA72-445A-B798-97EA889C124A.jpeg

4B6C2A5B-9D0F-4480-A332-6FA61C348856.jpeg

54B9AF9C-FD88-4F73-BD07-949D01D0AAE0.jpeg

I don’t download anything to YouTube. I kinda went off of the social media/YouTube grid after 2020. It’s just easier for me I guess.

Anymore install tips/tricks guys? I'm installing Summit 2.5" #680144 header back, but lm using hipo manifolds with the 340 in our 67 cuda.
Thanks

A lift helps. I loose fit everything with clamps then tack weld it while in the car then bring it down and finish weld each seam while the exhaust system is on parts stands. A set of screw jacks are also handy. If you’re laying on your back it really makes it way more difficult. I just did the 3” TTI kit on Friday on my 71 Duster. Fit was perfect.

IMG_2913.jpeg

IMG_2912.jpeg

Looks great Jim, yeah I'll be on my back.
A lift helps. I loose fit everything with clamps then tack weld it while in the car then bring it down and finish weld each seam while the exhaust system is on parts stands. A set of screw jacks are also handy. If you’re laying on your back it really makes it way more difficult. I just did the 3” TTI kit on Friday on my 71 Duster. Fit was perfect.

View attachment 1716263488

View attachment 1716263489

Hey Steve i found starting at the back and working forward was best but i had headers , in your case maybe put your manifold pipe on first then work from back to front but i'm not sure on that . another thing is dont put your clamps on to tight as to dent your pipe then its a ***** to get back apart if need be . i reccomend the band type clamps over the u type .
Looks great Jim, yeah I'll be on my back.

Thanks Aron, I've read go back to front, especially due to the kit being a header back and running manifolds.
I hear ya on not tightening U clamps, I installed part of the system while engine was on run stand, now I can't get the prick apart lol. I'll look at band clamps. I've removed the old exhaust, but left the old hangers mounted to car for reference.
Do band clamps require different style hangers?
Thanks!
Hey Steve i found starting at the back and working forward was best but i had headers , in your case maybe put your manifold pipe on first then work from back to front but i'm not sure on that . another thing is dont put your clamps on to tight as to dent your pipe then its a ***** to get back apart if need be . i reccomend the band type clamps over the u type .

Thanks Aron, I've read go back to front, especially due to the kit being a header back and running manifolds.
I hear ya on not tightening U clamps, I installed part of the system while engine was on run stand, now I can't get the prick apart lol. I'll look at band clamps. I've removed the old exhaust, but left the old hangers mounted to car for reference.
Do band clamps require different style hangers?
Thanks!
Summit Racing SUM-681250 Summit Racing™ Lap Joint Band Clamps | Summit Racing

This is what i mean steve and there are other neat clamps that dont crush the pipe .

Thanks, I would imagine the hangers would be a different style?
i'm not sure about different hangers there maybe some for those clamps i used the lap joints where i could and used the u clamps where the hangers hang . the lap joints are nice on the mufflers they should help if you need to change them . I also put anti sieze compound where all the pipes connect and mufflers .

you maybe able to use the u clamps for the hangers over the lap joints and just snug them enough to hold everything nice you my need a size bigger . maybe i'm thinking to much but i like to be able to easly fix things in the future .

-
Back