jensen interceptor big block heads

-

mygasser

Reaction score
i removed the rocker assembly from one of the heads on my 383 which came from a '71 jensen. i've looked online but can't find a match for the casting number.
it's 2843963, the 9 could be an 8 but it looks to be a 9. did jensen big blocks have odd non mainstream casting numbers?
cheers, neil.

Any chance the casting number has a little sludge making it look different? First five digits suggest it "should" be a 906 casting.
Maybe a picture of the casting number?

Here is some info from the Jensen Owners Club in England. Did you personally remove this engine from a virgin Interceptor or were you told that it was ? Provenance is everything. 1971 was 48 years ago.
The Jensen Owners' Club • View topic - cylinder head
i was told it was from an interceptor and the block casting numbers make it a '71 block. apparently it came out of a rotten jensen and was fitted into a ford pilot (like a 36 ford with a different front end). the guy i got it from owns the pilot and removed it to fit a small block ford as he does a lot of miles around europe each year and the big block was thirsty.

i removed the valley gasket and checked out the numbers under the inlet ports. it's obviously had work done in the past as it has one 906 head and one 346 head. i haven't looked them up to see if the chamber/port/valve sizes differ yet but at least i know what i have now. it's strange the 906 head had a different last 3 digits on the top side.
neil.

Is it:
28439 6 3

Or

If it’s the former, it’s just missing the “0” between the 9 and 6.
Pretty common.

I’m not exactly sure what the “3” is after the casting number, but that’s fairly common too.

As for the mismatched heads..... who knows.
But I have it from a pretty reliable source of a 71 Charger that came from the factory with one 906 and one 346.

-
Back