Jerseyville

-
Man dude your moving from CA to IL in January. BUUURRRRRRRR!!!!!

I live 30 miles east of Jerseyville. Been here all my life so I know most of the Mopar guys within 50 miles. When you get here shoot me a pm.

Southeast of there in Edwardsville, IL for now...will be moving a little further north in a few months towards Staunton, IL.

Brian

Thanks for all the reply I bought a place that used to be a working
garage and body shop, out on Crystal Lake Road. I moving 1-67 valiant,
1-47 ford sedan, 1-37 plymouth coupe, 1 1988 Jeep and 1-05 Durango.
Transporting three of them and towing 1 behind my Ram and 1 behind
a motorhome. Where is the closest drag strip?
67>

Fishy68, I forgot to tell you I live in the Ca. High Desert now and the normal Jan. temps here are between 35 and 40. It snows here but of course not
like there.
67>

67Valiant360 said:
Fishy68, I forgot to tell you I live in the Ca. High Desert now and the normal Jan. temps here are between 35 and 40. It snows here but of course not
like there.
67>
Ok. That won't be quite as much shock. My dad lived in LA and when he retired he moved back here and I swear he started shivering anything below 60 that first year.

I thought I knew all the Mopar dudes around me but looks like there's a few I didn't know about by the replies. Good to see some more around here.

Local strip would be Gateway in St.Louis 1/4 mile. Havana has a 1/8 track, Charleston has an 1/8 mile track. Then in Missouri there are a couple of tracks. :thumblef: We tend to do a lil or some times alot of street racen also.
I and my family have a 70 Cuda, four 69 Darts, 73 Duster(for sale), 70 Duster, 68 GTS Dart. We also have a few parts. There are more Mopar people around here than what a guy thinks!! :salut:

Thats great on the more mopar guys, here were I live now
there are about three total. When I moved to Ca. from Ohio,
back when, I was the only Mopar guy for a lot of years. In
Ohio every thing was more Mopar. Every thing in Ca. seems
to have a bow tie and now recently a oval on it.
My older brother use to hang with guys like Dave Koffel,
Arlen Vanke and a guy by the name of Otis Smith, Otie's
Speed shop. Maybe we can get several of the local guys in Il. and
all hook up in the spring. Any of the drag strips have T&T nights?
I need to get the Valiant a re cal for sea level, after being on the
mountain for about ten years, at 3000 feet.
67>

Thanks for the reply Four40Dart, I will have to check it out.
It looks like Gateway is probably the closes track other then
the street in front of the house and a G-tech.
67>

im in hartford il about 20-30 miles from jerky ville ,,,,,,gatway is a nice track real nice but its a money maker for them not you ,type thing raced there for yrs. when they get your money they realy dont care about you, you mite get a pre run or mite not i had to shoot in the dark at et times a lot. they have a vip inspection 2 times in march thats it .if not you get in a slow teck line could be hrs, depending on crowed kids and 5.0 mustangs lots of them but sum nights short line .........i could rant all night .but its the only track close to me, so i go .but its a fairly new track a billon dollar investment for them and the pros, but love the track its smooth track and love to bs in the lanes.

-
Back