Jimmy Buffett Has Left Margaritaville For Good

-
genuflect.jpg Rest in Peace and thank you for sharing your talent with us. You will be missed by countless fans and admirers. Peace out Brother.

He sure brings back pleasant memories. Back in the 80's I lived in Florida, I would go to Daytona Beach in my customized (by me) Dodge B van. I would park on the beach just down from a popular reggae bar, open up the side doors and crank Margaritaville on my stereo, just to get the party started, lol. before I knew it I would have a bunch of bikini clad young ladies dancing on the beach, of course a few guys would join in (Ima guessing because of the girls lol,) we had a blast!

In some cases it's not raw talent that brings success. It's the knitch recognized/discovered that had yet to be exploited. That one nugget is what made Jimmy Buffett a household name. Kudos to him and his success in this life. R.I.P.

In honor of his career and enjoyment of his music we should all have a cheeseburger and a margarita while listening to some of his tunes!

RIP Jimmy and thank you!

Well that's a crying shame. What a great musician, I really like his music. I believe I shall fire up the grill in his memory this weekend. The recipe below is just about perfect in my mind.

Cheeseburger in paradise
Medium rare with mustard be nice
Heaven on earth with an onion slice
I'm just a cheeseburger in paradise

I like mine with lettuce and tomato
Heinz 57 and french-fried potatoes
Big kosher pickle and a cold draft beer
Well, good god Almighty, which way do I steer?

Cheeseburger in paradise
Medium rare with mustard be nice
Heaven on earth with an onion slice
I'm just a cheeseburger in paradise
Pretty close to dinner tonight, I will be adding Fresh picked sweet corn and mustard spud salad.

It only took about 3 of his songs at our County Fair to turn my then 6 year old brat into a Parrot Head :lol: She was dancin' in the aisles havin' a great ole time :lol:

His music was fun. Hard to believe he never had a #1 hit, until he did the duet with Alan Jackson. May he rest in peace.

Too young but what a run.

Margaritas for everyone!

I read he was worth a billion dollars. Must have been a good business man.

-
Back