junkyard find

-

stan marshall

Reaction score
I just got some parts off a 67 barracuda notch back. I got a very good steering coloum for floor shift, the steering wheel is fair but the horn ring is very good, very good front wiring harness, nice
jack with cardboard spare cover and all hardware. Also the upper and lower trunk trim in fair condition. The middle section was broken but i have a good one anyway. It was hard to get to and
hard to get off,too much water, but it was well worth it. I asked him what i owed him and he said $50. For the coloum and the rest is free. He got a lot of old cars but not much mopar. I saw
73 4 door dart and a 63 4 door fury. Would that fury have a 8 3/4
and if so would it fit my 67 barracuda? Stan

Nice score. Hard to say what rear that fury will have. Just need to take a look and see. If it is an 8 3/4 I would grab it. Should work but mabby will need shortend? Here is an ID guid if you need one.

id chart.jpg

I know what they look like but i was so wet and dirty that i didn't want to crawl under another car. Also i think the only thing left on the 67 barracuda
any good was the k frame and maybe the frame rails. It had been striped years ago. Stan

I just got some parts off a 67 barracuda notch back. I got a very good steering coloum for floor shift, the steering wheel is fair but the horn ring is very good, very good front wiring harness, nice
jack with cardboard spare cover and all hardware. Also the upper and lower trunk trim in fair condition. The middle section was broken but i have a good one anyway. It was hard to get to and
hard to get off,too much water, but it was well worth it. I asked him what i owed him and he said $50. For the coloum and the rest is free. He got a lot of old cars but not much mopar. I saw
73 4 door dart and a 63 4 door fury. Would that fury have a 8 3/4
and if so would it fit my 67 barracuda? Stan

Would you be willing to part with the jack? If so how much? I'll be in westbranch on the 4th of july weekend.

The 67 jack might look ok in place but dont ever use it. It's practicly hookless and can drop your car.

The 67 jack might look ok in place but dont ever use it. It's practicly hookless and can drop your car.

I just feel helpless without one. Last barracuda I had owned (7 years and many flat tires), the jack only "launched" once, of course I was pretty tipsy after a night of drinking.......

That pic really helps. I've been looking for a reference picture to help identify different rear ends.

Sorry if i offended you burntorange 70. I was trying to explain why i did'nt stop to check on the rear end. I have seen that pic before and it does help to identify the sizes stan

I know what redfish is talking about. I think i will put it in place for looks and stick a small scissor jack where it can't be seen. Stan

Sorry if i offended you burntorange 70. I was trying to explain why i did'nt stop to check on the rear end. I have seen that pic before and it does help to identify the sizes stan

No you did not offend me. I here you on being to tiered to want to go crawl around. I had just got done bucking 8 ton of hay yesterday and was a little on the tiered side my self.

-
Back