Junkyard finds!!

-
wow... you don't see stuff like this in CA Junkyards anymore.

I want to come to minnesota. can you give me the exact address of this junk yard.

man i cannot stand to see yards that stack cars like that! the last pic has the 4 door valiant sitting on the 2 dusters. that is sad. the first duster looks like a 70 and the last is a 76 silver duster. i just don't get it......:dontknow:

I wish i knew of that junk yard when i lived in st cloud, mn. i could have started my hobby a little early. damn. ok so where is that yard? i still have friends in Alex maybe he will hook me up.

Is the owner parting out the cars or is any of them for sale? I don't want to buy any just curious. He has a gold mine that's for sure.

I believe its one of those cases if you haveing a roll back and time. You just ride around and find these cars sitting peoples yards. Or the people had to have the cars moved because of the junk in people's yard law.

wow... you don't see stuff like this in CA Junkyards anymore.

California? Stuff like that disappeared from N.Y. wrecking yards 30 yrs. ago.... THAT'S why my UPS driver has un-knowingly carried an entire Barracuda to my door piece-by-piece from all over the country!

And again... I have to dig out and scan the pictures of my old `65 Dart. I should have kept that one too....:-k

Great posting... I love seeing stuff being built and stuff disintergrating to rust. Kind of like a car's life cycle.

Wish there were yards like that around central Ontario. All the good stuff is always out west or north of the border.

I hear you. In easten Canada evrybody who has a salvage yard has crushed all of the older stuff because of scrap metal prices being so good. Too bad they didn't know how much they could have gotten from some of the parts. There was a late 60's GTX crushed here a few years back with a full running gear in it. Alsmost cried when I found that out.

There is a yard just slightly west of Ottawa that looks like the yard in the pictures. Lots of old valiants, dusters and darts. I found 2 demons there. He has a challenger with the 440 and tranny still in it. I have also seen a completer 440 and tranny sitting on its side under an old car hood. The old guy running it has had it in the family for too many years. I can remember going there 35 years ago. He won't pull any parts. You have to go back and get your own. The city is slowly creeping into his area so I don't think that they will be around much longer. The environment has also been out there testing soil samples. Lots of good parts still out there but he knows what they are worth

kenny b

That yard looks like a gold mine for smaller parts. Looks like most of the large stuff might be gone. Thanks for documenting the cars. Please get the VIN off the 69 GTS and send it to the GTS registry.

Great yard, hope he's selling. A junkyard by me finally caved to economic pressure and had to crush most of the vehicles. It was nice to see somone scoop up four 66/67 Charger bodies before it happend. Post the number if you can.

What parts do you guys need? I am going back there next week, maybe I can help some of you guys out! Just send me a PM or post it here, I could get a list and see what I find! They are pretty good about their prices, I go during the week, they seem to be cheaper then! Also it seems the more I purchase at one time, the better deal I get. I will not reveal the name of the yard :dink:, JUST KIDDING!!! The junkyard is in Willmar, MN and is called Rohners, I don't have the number or address but there are about 150 plus a-body cars! Tons of Dusters, Scamps, Valiants, Darts, few Barracuda's, even some very picked over 340 H-code cars. Lots of good parts, also several other mopars!! They stack their cars which make it difficult to get at some parts but they have no plans to crush the mopars.They also have Phourd, Shivvy etc. but who looks at that crap! :dontknow: I will take more photos and post them next week! Keith. :toothy7:

-
Back