junkyard run

-

66durgederp

"pull hard, itll come easy"
Reaction score
heading to the yard tomorrow, 2 early fishes (65 and a 66) and one 66 dart. fishes are pretty bare, the dart is 95% complete. trying to scrounge up rare parts to save myself some hassle in the future. the main two items i can think of now are the gas cap, and the wiper switch. ive already got the tail lights from the dart, and im for sure getting the steering column from the 65 fish (it was a console shift car, as mine will be in the future) so is there anything else i should look for? and is there anything anyone else may need?

If the 66 has a good grill and front emblem let me know.

I'm looking for the Hood (dodge letters) and the Dart side letters. Mainly the DA since the pins on mine are broken on both sides.

heading to the yard tomorrow, 2 early fishes (65 and a 66) and one 66 dart. fishes are pretty bare, the dart is 95% complete. trying to scrounge up rare parts to save myself some hassle in the future. the main two items i can think of now are the gas cap, and the wiper switch. ive already got the tail lights from the dart, and im for sure getting the steering column from the 65 fish (it was a console shift car, as mine will be in the future) so is there anything else i should look for? and is there anything anyone else may need?

If you strikeout, I saw this one on ebay...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1964-64-Dar...Parts_Accessories&hash=item43a453d377&vxp=mtr

good news, grumpuscreature, i already have a link from the last run, my 66, originally a slant car, already had a drop link so now i have an extra! pm me. i found TWO wiper switches, (thanks zookypr) i got one, and stashed the other for another day. Also found TWO columns from console shift cars, ones a 65 fish and the shifter is all there, and the second is a 4 door 66 valiant, was a v8 car, console shift, with buckets. pretty thrashed but a lot of the small stuff was there. jkirk, the hinges/decklids from the fishes were both gone. 1970duster the grille had a couple bent slats in the middle, but i have an extra grille myself thats not bent as bad, and its completely fixable, at least more than what the junkyard had, pm me if interested. 66Dvert, im getting the hood leters for myself on the next run (sorry) but i do have one set of D A R T side letters that are of no use to me, PM. since the last time i was up there hes gotten 3 more valiants, two of them are 2 doors! and a ton more 71-75 valiants and darts. found a couple 8.25 setups and one 8 3/4 minus the axles. so hopefully ill have some mad money again to go up and snag some of the goodies.

good news, grumpuscreature, i already have a link from the last run, my 66, originally a slant car, already had a drop link so now i have an extra! pm me. i found TWO wiper switches, (thanks zookypr) i got one, and stashed the other for another day. Also found TWO columns from console shift cars, ones a 65 fish and the shifter is all there, and the second is a 4 door 66 valiant, was a v8 car, console shift, with buckets. pretty thrashed but a lot of the small stuff was there. jkirk, the hinges/decklids from the fishes were both gone. 1970duster the grille had a couple bent slats in the middle, but i have an extra grille myself thats not bent as bad, and its completely fixable, at least more than what the junkyard had, pm me if interested. 66Dvert, im getting the hood leters for myself on the next run (sorry) but i do have one set of D A R T side letters that are of no use to me, PM. since the last time i was up there hes gotten 3 more valiants, two of them are 2 doors! and a ton more 71-75 valiants and darts. found a couple 8.25 setups and one 8 3/4 minus the axles. so hopefully ill have some mad money again to go up and snag some of the goodies.
Careful before you sell a V8 drop link because the V8 had more of a drop and was thicker than a slant bar. The slant drop center link looks close but will rub the pan.

Careful before you sell a V8 drop link because the V8 had more of a drop and was thicker than a slant bar. The slant drop center link looks close but will rub the pan.

that i did not know...thank you. mine clears the pan by 3/4 of an inch. maybe i got lucky? i also noticed too, the "clean air package" air filter lids are physically larger than the regular ones (for slants of that era) any rhyme or reason to this? im thinking about using one with my 9 inch base on my 4 barrel, just struck me odd that they are larger, and have the sealing dimples for 2 sizes of filters.

hello, where are you located in montana? I AM looking for some parts
we will be out in the area in the spring?

near missoula, theres some HUGE mopar yards in ronan, great falls, and helena. lots of rare hard to find oddity parts. whens the last time you saw a 331 POLY?!

Attachments

• 2013-01-05_13-43-21_463.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 239
  • 2013-01-05_13-43-27_221.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 242
I'm looking for the Hood (dodge letters) and the Dart side letters. Mainly the DA since the pins on mine are broken on both sides.

If they are the same as a 65, I might have some extra ones.

-
Back