Junkyard SCORE!!!!

-

greenhornet

Reaction score
Just got back from the old junkyard I used to work at, almost had a heat stroke, but I scored some MOPARTS....

3/4 of a floorboard (out of a 73 valiant)
perfect rear seat
1- perfect hub cap
73' disc brake spindals
73' upper A-arms

Total cost--- $0.00

Ah it's nice to have connections ;) , going back next week to get the dash pad, battery tray and a few other parts...

Sweet! nothing like a connection at a junkyard.

My old boss felt bad because another guy had already bought the rotors and calibers, so he told me to just get what I wanted off it before it goes through the crusher... I'm gonna have to have a heart to heart talk with him next week about me gettin' first pickins on any and all mopars...

As soon as I get rested up I'm gonna do about a 20 minute mopar happy dance.. Gotta get a 383 and 727 ready to pull tomorrow, another freebee.. I'm either a pretty smooth talker or the mopar gods are smilein' down upon me, whatta weekend... I've been moparless for 20+ years, it feels good to get back to where I started, "MOPAR".........

Your connection good on some 302 or even some mangum heads. If so i would make a trip up there to get them.

Your connection good on some 302 or even some mangum heads. If so i would make a trip up there to get them.

What are you looking for a GT 5.0??? Thay pull all the 302's, I have a set of the 318 magnum heads, thay usually don't pull any of the newer mopar engines...

Nice score!Just take ALOT of water next time,lol.I dont know what is worse,pulling parts on a hot summer day,or on a very snowy cold day.lol
greenhornet,any chance they would have a tranny kickdown linkage for a 360 with a 727?

Nice score!Just take ALOT of water next time,lol.I dont know what is worse,pulling parts on a hot summer day,or on a very snowy cold day.lol

Needless to say I dodged all the spot welds in the floorboard with my grinder and sawz-all.. By the time I got the seats and old carpet out I was drownin in sweat... Just hope I can get back in time to pull the dash pad, pad is perfect and still soft...

Nope not hunting a ford engine. Just a pair of heads for a possibly real budget build.
The 302 heads where on 85-91 318.

greenhornet,any chance they would have a tranny kickdown linkage for a 360 with a 727?

I'll check on a kickdown, before I quit the yard I scored a killer fresh 360 out of a public transportation van, the tranny went out so the county junked the van...

Hey, nothing like free parts to get the weekend PermaGrin going. :-D Way to go!!!

You know it.... Really helps out on a build when people are throwin' free parts at ya... Ahhhhhhhhhh-- think I pulled something bout 6 minutes into that happy dance, must have been the back flip off the valiant trunk lid...

I took some midol, feelin' better now, one more mopar happy dance and I gotta go start pullin' that 383...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKMU_Q7m_wI"]YouTube- CCR - cotton fields (lyrics)[/ame]

People like you make me sick! Well, not really sick, just a little queezy from the jealousy. Great score! It's also great that you are willing to look for other people's stuff, that's top shelf, man. Watch out for the creepys, slitherys, stingys and bite-ys! Maybe that's why you do so well, Greenhornet - you're one of them!

People like you make me sick! Well, not really sick, just a little queezy from the jealousy. Great score! It's also great that you are willing to look for other people's stuff, that's top shelf, man. Watch out for the creepys, slitherys, stingys and bite-ys! Maybe that's why you do so well, Greenhornet - you're one of them!

Brother you read my mind, I'm taking bee spray and uh 12-gauge pump... That 383 is back in da woods...

-
Back