junkyard visit

-

72demon340

Reaction score
Here was a junkyard I visited yesterday. sad sight to see.

304460669.jpg

304460668.jpg

304460528.jpg

304460515.jpg

304460049.jpg

304460044.jpg

304460033.jpg

304460038.jpg

304460036.jpg

304459322.jpg

304460023.jpg

Looks like a good parts salvage for a few parts if needed.
Just think if the cars could talk to ya!!
Thanks for sharing and I hope it was a good time for you too.
Did you find the gears for you demolition ride??
Or just out looking? I was surprised to see the Challenger badge still in place.

Yeah that is sad to see them sitting like that. I guess we can't save them all..I noticed in the last pic there is a 66 Dart sitting there. I am looking for a good chrome piece that goes on the front of the hood for my 66. if oyu make it back there maybe you could ask what they want for it

looks like that a had a wide selection of mopar parts and cars, what area is the junkyard in?

If its the one I'm thinking, its outside of Spartanburg, SC. Mintons Auto Salvage. He sold me a complete 10 x 2.5 inch drum brake setup off a pickup for $50.00. Nice guy too and yes he does have quite a few mopars.

Yes that was at Mintons, Great guy. was the 8 3/4 center section you were looking at under that black challenger?

If its the one I'm thinking, its outside of Spartanburg, SC. Mintons Auto Salvage. He sold me a complete 10 x 2.5 inch drum brake setup off a pickup for $50.00. Nice guy too and yes he does have quite a few mopars.
Yea, thats the one I told you about Mintons, I was there yesterday getting bumpers for derby cars. Also picked up a few more parts, great guy, Very easy to deal with. reasonable too. I had asked him about you stopping by he remembered ya.

Looks like a good parts salvage for a few parts if needed.
Just think if the cars could talk to ya!!
Thanks for sharing and I hope it was a good time for you too.
Did you find the gears for you demolition ride??
Or just out looking? I was surprised to see the Challenger badge still in place.

I took a car there to trade him for a 74 Monte, but the Monte had bad floorboards, so I just got the bumpers, carb, and a rearend. I plan on going back in a few weeks and getting some more bumpers. I told him if he ever needed a hand, id work for some parts LOL right now I got 2 8 3/4 489 casing with 3.23 open gears and a 8 3/4 742 casing with 3.23 posi But I don't have any actual c- body housings as of yet.

Wow...I've never heard of Mintons. I'll have to keep that in mind just in case I need something since I live in the area. Thanks for posting.

Man, I wish there were junkyards around here with old cars in them. Hell, the ones we do have won't even let you in the yard. You tell them what you want, and they'll pull it for ya. If you don't like it, you feel obligated to buy it because the guy went to all the trouble of getting it.

Too bad the North East took all the fun out of life around here.

Is that the wrinkled up shaker scoop on the ground next to the Challenger??

George

Wow...I've never heard of Mintons. I'll have to keep that in mind just in case I need something since I live in the area. Thanks for posting.

Mullinax, I know quite a few Mopar people in the area. Have you tried down a Keith Williams in Piedmont? I heard he has some descent Mopar stuff, but I haven't made it down there yet. Im not sure how much snoopin he will allow me to do since we are both Derby people.

Mullinax, I know quite a few Mopar people in the area. Have you tried down a Keith Williams in Piedmont? I heard he has some descent Mopar stuff, but I haven't made it down there yet. Im not sure how much snoopin he will allow me to do since we are both Derby people.

Nope have not heard of them either.

I tell you what I'll give you a PM if I need something.

-
Back