Just a Few Questions...

-

thedartsport

Reaction score
So here's a little info before I ask. The car is a 1972 Dart Swinger with a cammed 360. Nothing fancy but I'm looking for a little more get up. I have an A body 8.75 that I recently just went through. Now for the questions:

1. I do not have the shock plates for this rear end, but I've read about some people just elongating the holes to fit the U-bolts. Would this be safe? Is it as strong? Or should I just spend the extra money for an 8.75 set? I eventually want to upgrade to a 408 stroker (years from now), but would this be okay for just a driver?

2. This is a pretty common question. Will the backing plates from a big bolt pattern 7.25 fit on the 8.75? I get mixed answers so I just want to be sure.

3. Going back to the 408 stroker idea (years from now), what would be the best way to convert to BBP? Dr. Diff has some but they're $300. I don't mind spending that, but I just wonder if there is a cheaper alternative to get the same result. I've heard of people taking B body axles and cutting them down and resplining them. I just don't know exactly who does that.

I know this is a lot to ask, but I'll greatly appreciate anyone who has the time to help.

they have them at mancini

kinda pricey but worth it imo. the set i got are good pieces. the shock stud can get rusty.

dr diff stuff is great. got lots of stuff from him all good stuff

-
Back