Just an update from Jeff....

-

MrJLR

Built, not bought
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
The Cuda has been on hold while I bought a new house and moved.....ugh

But, the crumby part is I went from a 3 car garage to a 2 car garage! I know what you're thinking - "cry me a river"! But I have a lot (LOT!) of stuff.......

So, what's a guy to do? Build a MASSIVE shed on the side yard! Massive to me at least as in 8' X 24'. Enough that I'll be able to clear out the garage and get back to assembly of the Cuda!

20220302_171805.jpg

Can't wait!

Jeff

Roof over the head is pretty important. Classic cars are a hobby. I know, still stinks. Going from a 3-car garage to a 2-car garage must be tough. Someday I hope to have a single car garage :)

Hey Jeff...still in Chino? Or move to new city?
No......moved to Menifee.
VERY nice neighborhood up in the hills....all brand new homes.
Little farther out, but I got a LOT more house for my money!

Jeff

be careful if there is an hoa.

city may not like that because of set backs, etc. if they can see it from the street, they can cite you

under 200 sq ft, you may have some wiggle room.

No......moved to Menifee.
VERY nice neighborhood up in the hills....all brand new homes.
Little farther out, but I got a LOT more house for my money!

Jeff
So you moved away from the cow smells to the +90 summer heat, eh? Just Kidding. More house for your money is always a good move according to my wife who is a real estate agent.

We have the same bs rules in FL. County, city. And state...I do my best to follow building codes. But telling someone where or how big something on their property can be? Piss on that

Make the “shed” 2’ wider and store a car in it.

Can you fit a lift(s) in the 2 car garage and get 3-4 cars in there?

We have the same bs rules in FL. County, city. And state...I do my best to follow building codes. But telling someone where or how big something on their property can be? Piss on that
That's why I thank the Good Lord every day that I live in Texas.... out in the country... with absolutely no "officials" around to tell me what I can and can't do. I'm lucky

You gonna be able to grind, hammer, bang, bash and operate an air chisel in that shed or is it simply to meditate?? :lol: Pretty close the neighbor by the looks of it.

I've been there 1 month now and and according to "Zillow" the house went up in value 12.5K!

Jeff

That's why I thank the Good Lord every day that I live in Texas.... out in the country... with absolutely no "officials" around to tell me what I can and can't do. I'm lucky
It's completely ridiculous in Florida if you do not need a state contractor's license to be a painting contractor you do not need a state contractor's license to do tile but the local counties each required and if you so much even advertise,you are committing a felony without spending about $3,500 to go through their BS County contractor licenses

Last edited:
We’re thinking about doing the opposite, going from a big home with only a three car garage down to a smaller home with a six car garage.

Congrats man. Sounds like a move up and that's always a good thing.

No HOA where I live in North OC (SoCal). My neighbor just built a 10'x10' storage shed in his backyard. He said that was as big as he could build without having to go the expense and hassles associated with a permit.

No HOA where I live in North OC (SoCal). My neighbor just built a 10'x10' storage shed in his backyard. He said that was as big as he could build without having to go the expense and hassles associated with a permit.
It's 150.sf here. So a 10x15 would max ya, or a 12x12 would be close..

-
Back