Just another Eddy headed 410 sb mopar...

-

Brian Hafliger

Reaction score
We just finished a nice Eddy headed 410 going to NY. Used Milodon's new road race pan, and MSD's new ready to run dist. Everything worked flawlessly!
4.060 bore x 4.00 stroke Scat kit, IMM ported Eddy heads, 10.4:1, hyd roller (236-242 @ .050), Air gap intake, 1" open spacer, 750 holley DP and TTI small step headers.

Made best power at 32.5° total advance, and carb was untouched with nice low 13's A/F and check out the BSFC's! Very nice idling, clean and efficient build. Also used PRW 1.6 rockers and Comp pushrods.

Attachments

• 009.JPG
    149.1 KB · Views: 968
  • 010.JPG
    124.6 KB · Views: 956
  • 011.JPG
    124.8 KB · Views: 957
  • 012.JPG
    124.7 KB · Views: 971
Nice work Brian.
I know you're an RHS guy but I really like the cleaned up RPMs on a street build. That's virtually identical to the 408 I built last year, with the exception of intake (re-used customer Excelerator), a larger carb (870VS), and no spacer. Almost the same specs on the cam too although I'd wager my choice was smaller and used 1.5s... I used a Crane. Idles at 800 and extremely snappy.

Love those valve covers, Who's are they? Nice build-that will be an awesome street bruiser. Looks like atmospheric conditions equalled almost no C.F. I like testing like that. J.Rob

Nice, that makes some real nice sounds. What is the lift and LSA on that cam? Distributor locked or does it have a curve?

Nice.
the oil psi is high '95 psi' like cold oil= 167*, the water temp matches too at a 145*

makes more power dynoing the motor cold, whats the hp drop with it fully warmed up to 190* and 200's oil temp?
maybe 20hp?

still, good power.
Good job.

that awesome!! some very nice numbers! man i gotta get my motor over there for another dyno run! been sittin too long!

Air temp was cold, so getting oil and water temps up is more time consuming so I will lower the temp that we test just so we don't go through 20g of fuel!
From 140 to 165 in water temp I've only seen about 5HP but 10° in oil temp can be 10HP! It's not linear though so at higher temps it will start making less power like around 200° oil temp.
It takes quite a bit of time to get the oil hot from a pull, then changing things then another pull so to keep from using alot of fuel we try to test around 160° oil temp.

Yes the damn oil pressure was real high but a high flow racing filter and 5w20 oil will cure that, just didn't have the time to do that so there's a good 5-10Hp in lower oil pressure.

Mad: I've seen less than 5HP if it's a stock pump. High volume pump will rob around 8HP. Not as much as people say...

Wall: 91 octane pump gas from AM/PM. I've found that where I buy it from, they are HIGH volume and the gas never sits for any length of time. Most of the time, I have to wait in line to get gas but I never have any problems like I've had from other stations around me.

Happy Holidays!
Brian

Brian, do you know the lift and LCA on that cam?

Ofcourse, I spec'd it! It's .580/.580 w/1.6 and 112lca installed at 111 intake lca or 1° advanced. If you have a quick intake lobe you can spread the lca out and usually not have to advance the cam much so you can run a bit higher compression and have no issues.

I also used flattop pistons and pushed the chamber out to 75.8cc roughly. More quench area and less dish at overlap so I'm happy with this combo...

We just finished a nice Eddy headed 410 going to NY. Used Milodon's new road race pan, and MSD's new ready to run dist. Everything worked flawlessly!
4.060 bore x 4.00 stroke Scat kit, IMM ported Eddy heads, 10.4:1, hyd roller (236-242 @ .050), Air gap intake, 1" open spacer, 750 holley DP and TTI small step headers.

Made best power at 32.5° total advance, and carb was untouched with nice low 13's A/F and check out the BSFC's! Very nice idling, clean and efficient build. Also used PRW 1.6 rockers and Comp pushrods.

Is this going in a road race/pro touring type car?

Mad: I've seen less than 5HP if it's a stock pump. High volume pump will rob around 8HP. Not as much as people say...

And every fricken time I say the same thing (Almost identical numbers) I get laffed at and poked to death on it. GLAD someone else can say the same thing!

Wall: 91 octane pump gas from AM/PM. I've found that where I buy it from, they are HIGH volume and the gas never sits for any length of time. Most of the time, I have to wait in line to get gas but I never have any problems like I've had from other stations around me.

Busy gas stations are key for good fuel. Some thought I was nutz purchasing gas from a local Joe Blow station. Get the Name brand stuff it's better.! they always say.

Pssst, this place get's it from the same depot I pass on the way to work, it's the same stuff.

And then I get, "You crazy!" yet again.
Happy Holidays!
Brian

U2 bro!

Is this going in a road race/pro touring type car?

Just a street car. My customer wanted a real driver he could go anywhere in, have power, and good street manners. Something anyone could get in and drive. And they have 93 over there so it should be fine. Timing was best at 32.5° so I'm confident it'll be good in the summer time too.

Rumble...fagettaboutit!! ;-)

hey brian, ive just emailed you in the last couple of days about something like this, this combo sounds damn near perfect for what i want, can u email back price on this combo??

cheers

shaun

hey brian, ive just emailed you in the last couple of days about something like this, this combo sounds damn near perfect for what i want, can u email back price on this combo??

cheers

shaun

Check your email!

-
Back