Just as slow as before mods..

-
Not everyone has a bunch of spare time to jump on things right away. Even worse, when an issue gets snowballed into hundreds of different possible explanations - it's tough to choose which one to tackle first. Even tougher yet when you didn't build the car and haven't wrenched on vintage ones for many years. OP is willing and that's as important as anything else.

I think too many people are way too high on their horse. The OP bought a nice car, and paid people who seemed capable. After the fact, he learns he got shafted to some extent. It happens, but everyone throwing their $.02 in doesn't help. Also, he didn't build it so it's not like he has the knowledge of exactly what is what - he's having to research every damn thing. It's equivalent to buying someone else's project without a build summary or parts list. It takes a while to compile the 'simple' knowledge. Lots of us can rattle off exactly whats in our cars, but OP doesn't have that luxury at present.

There's a few questionable things on the car, like the regulator placement, but it's possible to put it there and do a neat job of it. That's not what his shop did, but it's not a priority to fix anymore since the leak is taken care of.

The throttle cable issue is a risky one. It's not just a matter of fixing the cable - the trans cable also needs to get setup properly. Get it wrong, and he could burn it up. I'd bet dollars to doughnuts the trans cable is holding the throttle from opening all the way, and that most other commentors don't even realize it's not a 727/904.

OP did try to address it and got it to open further but it's obvious the secondary butterflies still aren't getting actuated because they only open with the last 10-15% of throttle travel, and can also be limited by the choke system when those carbs are cold. I went looking to find a guide for OP to set this up properly, and lord help the newbie trying to find the info because it just isn't out there in an easy to digest form.

Give the OP a break or he's likely to simply disappear from the site. Being a business owner also comes with time demands and struggles, so it's not like he's going to be back on here a dozen times a day with updates like our more retired members get to LOL.
You described exactly my situation in every sentence, to the last. I prefer just one person to help me thru PM, and I even posted and requested, yet nobody did.

You said exactly my situation in every sentence. I prefer just one person to help me thru PM, and I even posted and requested, yet nobody did.
You can't always get what you want. This is not a counseling service, nor a doctor's office. NObody is paying anyone here to participate, for their time, knowledge, or anything else. If you cannot be bothered to READ the thread, DIGEST what was advised, and TRY a few things then there's nothing else to say.

I already told you what I would do, and so did many others. Do some reading. If you don't have the mechanical skills, go find a local friend who can help you.

if you only want advice from one person, write down what they say every time they post and as if by majic you only have one person's advice in front of you. it's not rocket science, now stop making excuses :rofl: . oh, and don't forget to get the trans' guy to adjust the throttle cable on the slots in the bracket BEFORE doing the trans' cable.

Steve has listed it for sale. Probably the right move. If you're not mechanically inclined (no offense). You had better have a RELIABLE mechanic to keep things in order.
Also a "trans guy" still may not have a clue how to adjust these old school rides. Just like the previous "mechanics" obviously dont know jack squat.
Good luck, hope it finds a good home.
PS, my kids arent mechanically inclined, so when the "time comes" the cuda will be sold.

I missed the part where you lost you home? That's terrible. The depression is terrible too. I get that too. Try not to drink, makes it worse. Don't give up, times will change, needs to be much sooner.
Thank You, Bro, hope the Biz picks up for Y'all also!

How did the visit to the trans shop go? I’m way too invested in this thread to be left hanging on Tuesday lol

-
Back