Just bought a 68 GTS H code

-

MOPARMITCH

Mekong Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I'm excited, I just bought an all original numbers matching 68 Dart GTS H code auto car!!!. Car has not been tagged since 1974. 95K on the clock. Was looking for another project since I finished the 68 Roadrunner over on FBBO. My plans are to get the car running first and fix all the mechanical safety issues. Probably at some point, I'll restore it to the standards I did on the Roadrunner. See this Link http://www.forbbodiesonly.com/moparforum/showthread.php?26040-The-Golden-Rotisserie-Chicken This car is not quite in the shape the RR was, but I just got the car yesterday and confirmed , numbers matching. I was really just looking for a 67-69 Dart that I could Street Rod , you know, with a huge big block and all, and just tear up the streets. But this deal kinda fell into my lap. I sure I would catch holy h*** from you guys if I resto rodded this car. LOL. Floors and trunk and all frame rail are in great condition. Looks worse than it is...I hope. LOL. I'll be looking for some sheet metal if someone has any. Probably will use AMD quarters, But I'd like to find original fenders and doors if I cant repair these. Color is GG1 Green with black top , black interior, White tail stripe. I pulled all the plugs and poured in ATF. Pulled the valve covers and rocker shafts, tapped each valve top to make sure they were free. Motor looks very clean inside. I'll wait a few days and try to get it cranked up. Fingers crossed!! Tell me what you al think !!! Just had to buy a new camera , and I think the file sizes of the pics are too big. Cant post them. Someone tell me what to do!!

Congrats. I miss my G1 383 4 speed 68 GTS.You can hot rod it as long as you do not cut anything up....

How ? Please

If by chance you have Microsoft Office on your PC you can use Picture Manager, or you might try using Paint, I believe some have done that.

If those aren't an option there are several free programs available online although I don't know what they are called.

Here is one you might try.

[ame="http://download.cnet.com/Free-Picture-Resize-Starter/3000-12511_4-10297789.html"]Free Picture Resize Starter - CNET Download.com[/ame]

You need 640x480 size. Should be in camera adjustments. All else fails,read the instructions(lol!).

you can open the pic with "paint" program already in your computer.

go "ctrl" plus "W"....that will bring up the resize window ....i usually put 40% for up and down press save and all done

i would make copies first and re-size the copies so your originals are left unmodified

Good for you Mitch. Sounds like a cool car. Like Rani said, you can resize photos in "Paint" with a little practice.

More

Attachments

• 024.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 385
  • 023.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 383
  • 015.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 401
  • 011.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 385
  • 010.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 392
  • 002.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 371
  • 027.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 388
Welcome to the A body world, you sure found a dandy right there Mitch :thumleft:
Congratulations :cheers:

Oh geez, that's awesome! I could just spend hours poring over every square inch of it. Do you have any history on it?? I'm really curious as to why is wasn't tagged since '74.....I'd think that there's an interesting story there. Killer find, though!

Nice project car you have.
If it turns out half as good as the gold Road Runner, it will be awesome.
I hope you plan to keep it green!

you can open the pic with "paint" program already in your computer.

go "ctrl" plus "W"....that will bring up the resize window ....i usually put 40% for up and down press save and all done

i would make copies first and re-size the copies so your originals are left unmodified

Cool Rani. Never thought of that.

Looks like a nice complete project.Numbers matching and not cut up.Clean it up some and post more pics.

-
Back