Just bought this what do you think ?

-
trapster: YOU bought it and YOU are happy with it - thats all that matters. Enjoy it. Use it in good health. Have great times and memories!

Actually I haven't signed anything nor has any money changed hands.

Has anyone delt with SFE in MIAMI before, they are making me nervous

Southern Florida Enterprises Inc.

Why are they makin you nervous? I would be upset if they misrepresented the car as something different than what the fender tag reads. That said, it's a nice little car and if you're happy with it, that's all that counts.

Going to go look at the car this Saturday for the first time.
The owner says he has the original commando valve covers and he will give them to me.

We will see then.

Well I went to see the car and was not happy with the overall condition. The engine was out of a 65 dart or at least the casting number on it was from May 1965 making it non original.

So I decided to not purchase the vehicle. Partly from the non-originality but mostly from the overall condition.

The seller has re-listed the dart, with a new updated description.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=360368498554

I don't hold the fact that he said it was numbers matching against him, because he is selling it for an older gentlemen who still believes that it is and he is more of a ford guy.

It does run and it does sound nice, I did not drive it. Wanted to, but after telling him it was not original and I wasn't interested I didn't think it was appropriate.

Sorry to hear it wasnt up to what was described. Good for you for backing out. For that amt of $$ you will find something really nice.

The sad thing is that this car was probably modified in 1965 by adding a commando motor and a 4 speed.

or a 1965 donor car was used to upgrade it.

in any case the brass vanity plate under the hood said it all

" Restored by Larry, Curley and Moe"

I guess they didn't read the entire thread or at least the last few posts.

:)

Well, perhaps, next time wait till you get the car home, before you post;
Just bought this.

Just like when I had a deposit, on my Valiant, I posted it as "Sold";
and then the buyer backed out. :(
:eek:ops:

well I did click buy it now :)

gotta watch that, if you hit that button on ebay you are entering into a contract to purchase the vehicle, not a contract to inspect and decide not to buy. The seller can open a dispute with ebay over non-payment for the item. I know that if I was selling a car on ebay and someone "bought it now" based on my description and then decided they didn't like it and didn't inspect it or had it inspected BEFORE buying, I would DEFINITELY open a dispute. Listing fees are so high for vehicles that it would be worth it to me, at least, to contest the (no) sale.
-Tim

I fully expect the sale to be canceled, and I have no problem with that.

But since he listed the car as numbers matching and it wasn't it would be very foolish for the seller to press the issue.

And since the statement in his sale that says "this is not a show car" is the only mention of any flaws on the vehicle and there are many it would behoove the seller to shut me up.

So I am not worried.

....it looked a bit pimped out for me but heck, I live in the north...still cold here...what ws with the rust in the trunk ..that would have been an easy fix...therewas nada that you coldn't change..and who doesn't change their cars ..and in this case, it should be all of what you want...

Cheers, Grassy

You said more than once there were things that made you nervous...me too...glad you didn't buy it. When it's the right car you know it, in my opinion.

I fully expect the sale to be canceled, and I have no problem with that.

But since he listed the car as numbers matching and it wasn't it would be very foolish for the seller to press the issue.

And since the statement in his sale that says "this is not a show car" is the only mention of any flaws on the vehicle and there are many it would behoove the seller to shut me up.

So I am not worried.

Better to walk away if you felt there was something odd.

As an aside note;

There is no "Numbers matching" on older Mopars; {yep; build date would be better to look for, as you had noticed the engine date was wrong.}

Some people do not know, that Mopar/Chrysler did not stamp the vin numbers in the mid '60's in Chrysler Corp engines, etc.
The "numbers matching" via the VIN stamped into the engine block,
astarted for Mopar in mid 1967, for the 1968 Model Year build,
{ if I recall correctly.}

Yah I know numbers matching is a vague term for pre 1968 mopars since they didn't stamp SN's on everything until then.

In any case he advertised it as being all original commando 273 4 speed 1964 dart

When in fact there were no commando motors until 1965, at least in darts.

and the fender tag said it was a 3 speed 2 barrel car.

The only way to check if something is "right" or original is to check the casting dates for consistency. and make sure that the fender tag is also consistent.

This car had a 1965 motor and a 1965 4 speed in it as far as I can tell.

It looks like it is a great driver and about a 30-40 ft paint job. depending on how good your eye sight is :)

Well it didn't sell again. Didn't meet reserve.

I don't understand, He had a 12,600 bid and this didn't meet reserve.

Of course if he was a little more detailed in his ad I don't think it would go over 8K.

Oh well.

-
Back