Just Call Me a "Whimp"

-

dibbons

Reaction score
I never thought I would say this, but summers are not fun any longer (today's forecast: high/97 low/76). I used to be a kind of a sun worshipper, now I find myself indoors with a fan blowing on my face at 10:00 o'clock in the morning (and there are still plenty more leaves to rake up in the yard, too). I'm not chubby or anything (34" waist). Is this what happens the first year one is eligible for social security?

fan.jpg

Well I won't call you a wimp and I am chubby.

Even with fans running in my shop (metal building) it's frick'n HOT here in NC.

I give up, plenty to do in the house!

Well I won't call you a wimp and I am chubby.

Even with fans running in my shop (metal building) it's frick'n HOT here in NC.

I give up, plenty to do in the house!
GO OUT EARLY, LET IT HEAT UP W/ U OUT IN IT. STAY IN THE HOUSE TILL IT`S HOT OUTSIDE AND IT WILL BE WAY WORSE !
NO SCREAMING HERE !

Got the outside stuff done early (95 at 10 o'clock). As you get older you get wiser. I'm really wise.

I never thought I would say this, but summers are not fun any longer (today's forecast: high/97 low/76). I used to be a kind of a sun worshipper, now I find myself indoors with a fan blowing on my face at 10:00 o'clock in the morning (and there are still plenty more leaves to rake up in the yard, too). I'm not chubby or anything (34" waist). Is this what happens the first year one is eligible for social security?

View attachment 1715194138

It happened to me, as soon as I received my first SS check.
Now that I have more time to spend in the garage I get chased out by the heat by 9am.

The WORD does say that in the last days, the "Elements" will melt...........
With FERVENT......

At 65, I'm right there with you, altho I'm at between 36 and 38, running between 210 and 220. I took a municipal job as landfill operator, aka garbage collector. I slog between 5000 and 6000, occasionally up to 8000 pounds of trash every week now, so my weight reflects my energy output, or so I tell myself.I think tho that I am in probably the best shape of my life since my 40's, allbeit a tad "stockier",lol.
I noticed the sun getting hotter about 5 years ago. I expect it's gonna get hotter as time goes by. No matter, I'm approaching the finish line, now. And up here it just doesn't get that hot;low to mid 90's mostly.

Last edited:
It's hotter than a high paid stripper here, But I'll take the savage heat anyday over the cold. Cold really bothers me as I age. And I really don't mind sweating, I tell myself it cleanses the body of leftover alcohol (which of course needs to be replaced!)

I just sort of ignore it all. I gotta do what I gotta do, and fretting over it just adds mental anguish to physical anguish.

-
Back