Just curious about head markings

-

Spadman

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
These 915 J heads have this marked on exhaust side of both: TF 080602. What meaning might it have?
IMG_1614.jpeg

It looks like possibly a date stamp as to when they were possibly rebuilt 080202, August 6, 2002.. The TF might be the rebuilders initials or possibly the person who did the work.

Go over those heads with a fine tooth comb. Anybody who stamps on a gasket surface like that is already two strikes down in my book.

I pulled these with engine out of a 1971 Chrysler in the junkyard about 1978. Build date on the block is 5-1-70. They haven’t been out of my possession since. I did have some work done on them sometime in the eighties that I had to get redone recently. No work done on them in 2002.

Go over those heads with a fine tooth comb. Anybody who stamps on a gasket surface like that is already two strikes down in my book.
That is nothing compared to what the guy did in the eighties. I asked him to mill them fourty and put 2.02s in. He must have put the valves in first. He milled one fourty with valves in at the start and shaved two intakes. I replaced the two valves and put the heads away until recently. When I started measuring I found one head milled about fourty and the other twenty. It’s all good now with cc’d even at 63 after unshrouding the valves and flowed 261 at 500. His valve job was redone by a pro.

Sounds like these are definitely not factory markings from the replies you have given me. Thanks to each of you for responding.

Machine shop stampings. Probably the person who did the job and the work order number. Stupid stamp location though.

-
Back