just did rear-end swap

-

Mopar2

Reaction score
(68 dart) just did a 7.25 to 8.75 swap. I noticed that with NO air in my air shocks the rear end will go ALL the way up possibly into the body of the car if I were to jack it up high enough, my question is, is this normal or do I need to get some better leaf springs? Im sure if the tires would have been on car they would have hit fender well.

what would you guys reccomend for replacement springs that are reasonable cost? Or are there junkyard springs off a newer car that will fit it?

You can get the springs from manicinis (xhd ones) that are just a little bit more stiffer then stock (for 340 cars) or Super stock spring which are stiffer and will lift the rear of your car way in the air. Hotckis also makes a set of road race springs but contact AutoXcuda because he can tell you more about them as he is using them now.

Re-arch maybe ad a leaf ? How many leaves in there now ? . Dump the air shocks , get a good set o gas shocks .

I put ESPO springs on but haven't driven yet, they look nice at least. You can get 5 or 6 leaf (and stock height or +1 or +2 inches), the stock ride height ones look like the price is about on par with Mancinis, maybe even cheaper for the 5 leafs.

what would you guys reccomend for replacement springs that are reasonable cost? Or are there junkyard springs off a newer car that will fit it?

call espo and get a set of their xhd springs. can get them in stock height,+1" and +2". awesome customer service..

Are the springs flat,no arch?. Only one hole in the hangers? If more are you in bottom hole? Are rear hangers vertical? I,d check these things out b4 assuming springs are bad.

I would like to recommend new springs and good shocks (KYB) and throw the air shocks away. I've rode in a Duster that had air shocks and believe they chipped my teeth. lol

You'll be much happier without them.

I have Hotchkis leafs on my Swinger. I haven't driven it yet to see how they ride/perform. I should get some drive time next weekend. I'll let ya know what I think.

-
Back