Just don't know what to think.

-

Dusterdude72

IN MOPAR MUSCLE MAGAZINE
Reaction score
I will try to make this short.....a few months ago I won a Ipod touch on a website that you earn point for doing surveys and logging on to there site and stuff and then you use your points to redeem a prize in a "redemption" anyways i won the Ipod touch 32 gig which has a $300.00 value.

Anyhow,the other day (mothers day) I had it sitting on my computer desk...I was asleep and my wife and son had went to church for the day and my father was outside using my garage.

My brother had stopped over and used my bathroom while he was here.

I woke up to find that my Ipod was missing from my desk....now I am 100% positive that is where it was.

My son knows he is not aloud to touch my ipod (my wife has an ipod that looks different than mine that has a bunch of kids game on it that he IS aloud to use).....My wife said she had her eye on him all day and did not see him mess with it and she said she was almost certain she scene it on the desk when she left for church.

which leaves my brother.........I hate to point fingers or anything when I don't know for sure and he is a hot head so to call him out on it will surely cause a feud.

But I know he was bitter that I won it in the first place and I know he badly wanted an Ipod....I just hate to think that my own family would do that (and right under my nose when I was sleeping 15 feet away from it).

I have turned my house,garage,yard,basement upside down 3 times now hoping to find that maybe my son sneekely hid it or something lol but no such luck....I even went as far as digging through the trash to see if maybe my son accidentally broke it and threw it away because he was afraid he would get in trouble.

technically I am out nothing but a bit of time I had invested in earning the points that allowed me to win it in the first place.....but its just the fact that I don't know exactly what happened to it and where it is that bugs me.....and also that it was the first thing I ever won and it was special to me....and it was a very expensive electronic device too.

right now even if I found it broken or something I would atleast have the piece of mind of knowing where it is lol....I am driving my self bonkers thinking of the possibility's of where it could be and what happened and who is being truthfull......it just really bums me out.

sorry for the rant....just thinking about stuff is all

Maybe wait a few days and contact someone close to your brother,to see if he,s been using a ipod in the last few days?This would be easier on yourself before making acqusations,no need to cause a fuss with family.IMO

Maybe wait a few days and contact someone close to your brother,to see if he,s been using a ipod in the last few days?This would be easier on yourself before making acqusations,no need to cause a fuss with family.IMO

I have also thought the same thing....
If anything he probably would have took it to resell for the money rather than personal use because if he kept it....it would only be a matter of time before I or someone i knew noticed it somewhere.

He knows I already suspected him so IF he did by chance take it....He would sell it to someone I have no ties with to be sure the word does not get back to me.

I hate to think my own brother would do something like that ....then again he has done some pretty nasty things to me in the passed aswell...I hope thats not the case though.

I may never know

I agree...Just wait it out, and kinda..."Spy" on your brother if ya have to haha...

That would drive me crazy Dude :angry7:
Be sure an not say anything for awhile, and do what pettybludart said.8)
There are some people out there that will take advantage of there own family before they do there friend's....And there are people that think they are smarter then anyone and say what they want to and have no morels :angry7: But act like they do....:angry7::angry7:
Yep, Been there before :clock: and it hurt's :angry7: I hope it is on the floor or somewhere ells you have not looked Dude.

like the saying goes, family will phuck you first:angry7: hope you get it back.

Well I looked all over my house again and I found the original box and I opened it up and grabbed the serial number off of it and decided I was going to call apple and see if maybe someone had registered the ipod in there name recently under my serial number (thinking maybe it actually did get stolen) well sure enough it was not registered in my name.....they could not release the name it was registered to though....but they did confirm it was not registered in my brothers name or my name or my wifes name or my brothers girlfriends name....so they told me to go to the police station and file a lost/stolen form ? and give them the serial number and inform them i contacted apple and they said that the police and contact apples security department at which time they will release the person registered's name to the police and they can move forward with things.

I have no idea how quick the police will be to figure this out,or if it will cost me any money or what?

I contacted my brother by email and said....IF you did take my ipod and kept it or sold it or whatever the case may be....I then mentioned I had contacted apple and would be going to the police and they had the name of the person who it had been registered to........I said, if you get it back to me I will forgive and forget about it but to do it fast because i am going to the police and i will let them handle it.

so I guess we will see.....but i guess i can stop searching my house now.

rant on....do not put nothing past anybody. my dad had 5 strokes when I was 16. quit high school to help take care of him and work. my sister still lived at home, but she did not help in any way. fast forward 20 years, my sister is still with the *** clown from high school and he is beating on her, which he did not do when i lived in the same state, well he did once, but he, ahem, paid for it. anyway, i go rescuer her. flew across the country, rented a mini van, drove her and her 2 dogs to az and let her live with me. promised to repay me. when she was asked to run the vacuum thru the house to pick up the hair form her dog was told that she aint my f.....g maid. should mention that she was paying nothing to live with us. had enough and tossed her. non-stop fighting with my mother over this. walked away from the whole thing, vowing to never talk to any of them again. when i did contact my sister about the $3k she owed me for moving her, she turned around and ran away from me. decided it was not going to be worth the trouble. few years later got a letter from a lawyer about my parents will, yep, they died. i got absolutely nothing, which is what I suspected was going to happen. probably should add that my mother was a racist and i am married to a Mexican.....moral of my long winded story, be careful of who you trust, especially if they are family. How many times have you seen a piece in the news where some nut case killed 7 people and when his friends were interviewed they all said he was the nicest guy you could meet. kind of says something about people perception....rant over, pass the coffee please.....:toothy10:

decided to contact apple again for some more info....I asked if they could tell me when it was registered....they said the 10th (day after it came up missing) they said all that showed in the registration was there name and email address but nothing else.....they couldnt release the name to me so I asked if they could release the email address.......sure enough they did....so i went to face book and typed in the email address which gave me a profile and on the profile a persons name!.......bad thing is.....I don't recognise the name, and there was no info on the profile to tell me where they live or who they are friend with or anything.....so I need to do some more "detective work" I really need to get to the bottom of this though!

once in my life...I truly appreciate being an only child....

good luck dude.

Aloha

Well I had a similar thing with my brother. My so was the first Grandson and Great grandson. So my Grandmother bought him a very LARGE Piggie bank and filled it with a couple hundered dollars of change. When I move to FL my bro helped me move. He stayed with us a week or so to have a mini vacation. When we took him home and he got his bags out of the car I heard change when he picked up his bag. He said that it was just a few dollars that he had put there. Well after some time a family friend was over with their kids and somehow the bank got broke. No big deal I thought until we went to pick up the money and there was only about $40. 00 in it. I was so pissed. the thought that while wife and I were at work he somhow got the money out of the bank. it has been 20+ years and I still don't like the Fud Pucker. I have only seen him 3 times since.
So I feel your situition. Now that he know what you are thinking maybe he will come clean. I have not mentioned this to my mom or grandma but still can stand him. Hope it all works out for you. Like said before, Keep for enemies close but your family closer (well something like that :)

With the e-mail maybe even check myspace, flickr and other sites. Somewhere there maybe a name. Good search though

decided to contact apple again for some more info....I asked if they could tell me when it was registered....they said the 10th (day after it came up missing) they said all that showed in the registration was there name and email address but nothing else.....they couldnt release the name to me so I asked if they could release the email address.......sure enough they did....so i went to face book and typed in the email address which gave me a profile and on the profile a persons name!.......bad thing is.....I don't recognise the name, and there was no info on the profile to tell me where they live or who they are friend with or anything.....so I need to do some more "detective work" I really need to get to the bottom of this though!
you have an email address, why not send them an email asking how they ended up with your ipod?

Looks like it's time to call in the law, tell them of the theft, show them proof of ownership & more importantly supply them with the name of the person with the stolen IPod.

I searched on there and came up with 2 matches to the name that are in my state....I have also searched myspace and some others....I will be going to the police station but right now I do not have a vehicle until my wife gets home from work....hopefully if it was my brother he will fess up to it and get it back to me or cough up $300.00 .....he was the only person who would have had access to it and the only one I would have suspected right off the bat...and I know he just got a new place because his landlord kicked him out and I see he posted something on facebook yesterday about finally getting the power on at his new place so he can start working on it.....maybe my Ipod is how he was able to afford to have the power turned on.....

it sickens me to think that this is what happened but more and more that is the way it is looking....I told my father of my suspicions the other day when it came up missing and he is the type to think one of his boys would never do such a thing....then yesterday he said..." I will buy you a new one when i get the money" (which makes me think he also may have suspicions) I told him thats not the point....its the fact that its gone and i cant find it and that it was something i won that held more than a dollar value (sounds stupid maybe?) and that it was not his place to buy me another one.

I hope I can get this figured out....I don't need any more confusion in life and I don't do anything to deserve being treated in such a way...I jsut want it back and be able to put it behind me.

sounds like you should make a fake Facebook and friend the guy so you can see his information!

Hopefully things work out for you, but it doesn't seem that the resolution will be a good one.

There's the old saying - "You can choose your friends, but you can'y choose your family" and all I can say is it sucks that family could do something so blatantly dishonest.

Grant

I have not been on very good terms with any of my family...my dad is the only one who has always treated me good.

My mother i have not spoke with in 2 years, my other brother shows his face from time to time and this brother I have went to jail over because he had lied about some stuff when we got into a fight once....among other things....I just thought that we had bolth decided we were adults and to put the crap behind us and stay out of any trouble with one another.....so I have been crossing my fingers that he had nothing to do with it......but its not looking so good now.

I emailed a local police officer about the situation (he is a mopar guy) he helped me get a title for my duster last year.

so I am waiting to hear back from him and see what he has to say.

I will let everyone know what I find,when i find it,if i find it.

well I finally got a message back from him and of course he didnt do it and I am every name in the book for thinking it and i deserve to have my *** kicked......I don't freaking know

-
Back