Just found my old Challenger - a few photos

-

toolmanmike

Staff member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I heard it was still in town but could never catch the owner at his shop. I cruised by today and caught him there. It's a B1 blue 73 Challenger with a 340/ slapstick auto/8 3/4. I owned it back in the late 70's and it was a great car. It's for sale but needs a lot of work. Argggggg. tmm

Attachments

• 101701951706[01].jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 314
  • 101701951711[00].jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 304
Cool! Buy the thing. I had a 73 340 Rallye Charger and a 71 R/T both in high school. I would hack my left nut out with a dull knife to own either one now.

Thats awesome what are you gonna do? Thats a sweet car and the fact that you owned it at one time is really cool. You should buy it.

How cool is that. I often wonder what happened to some of my old rides.....

I know what happen to mine, one car i smashed up really bad, another one--make that 2 went to the junk yard and was crushed--a 77 Gran Fury and a 70 Olds, the 77 was lifted up and crunched as i walked away--got $75 for the metal

On my 4th fun/hobby car now

if you can afford it buy it or youll be kicking yourself in the a** later on if you dont.

Cool like everyone asked You going to buy it back?

A friend of mine found a numbers matching 73 340/pistol grop car.Picked it up for five hun,drove it home 18 years ago.All he has to do is wire it.I have been working on him for five years to finish it.

you know even if you owned the car at one time its just steel and paint, its not like a person or pet.

in a way i'm happy the car I first got laid in, the first nice car I had, the car I went to college with and had many of good times in did get wreck and I never seen it again in person. Woke me up to what it really was--just steel, cold steel.

I take great car of my car but its replaceable, its not my "baby" its like my bicycle, just a useful object

I also just found the 1970 Challenger that I owned 22 years ago. Has been parked in a shed all that time. I am debating to buy it or not. I have too many now but it would be nice to have it back. I am running out of room to store the cars.

Not many Challengers left.If I had the money,I would pick one up.I don't see demand going down.

Guy left a message on my phone that he lost the title to the 71 challenger I sold him in the early 90s about 5yrs ago, and asked if I would help him get a lost title for it.
I left a message and said yes I could help him get a title.
He never called me back?
I was more interested in buying my car back because in his message he never touched it but kept it stored dry.
I really wanted that car back.
Enough said

Guy left a message on my phone that he lost the title to the 71 challenger I sold him in the early 90s about 5yrs ago, and asked if I would help him get a lost title for it.
I left a message and said yes I could help him get a title.
He never called me back?
I was more interested in buying my car back because in his message he never touched it but kept it stored dry.
I really wanted that car back.
Enough said

You still have his number? Call him

No sorry I wish I did.
My dumb a$$ ex wife pushed delete all on the answering machine.
Remember home phones and tape answering crap.
Most of you will not on here I bet.

I just corrected my first post. It's B1 blue not B2.

-
Back