Just getting started

-

Mike74

Reaction score
Just wanted to let everyone know I’m pretty new to the forum
IMG_1287.jpeg
so bear with me.

Welcome! Nice Duster
Thanks. I bought it about 4 years ago and have been playing around with it ever since. I’m currently trying to come up with the right wheel and tire combo that I like. Fronts stick out to far. I bought the rims and tires and haven’t put but 20 miles on the tires cause I just don’t like the look.

Thanks. I bought it about 4 years ago and have been playing around with it ever since. I’m currently trying to come up with the right wheel and tire combo that I like. Fronts stick out to far. I bought the rims and tires and haven’t put but 20 miles on the tires cause I just don’t like the look.

Does anyone know how much backspacing I can go with on the front wheels on 74 Duster without there being an issue with rubbing.

See if you can find the same wheel in 14 x 5 or 14 x 6, that will probably solve the problem.

See if you can find the same wheel in 14 x 5 or 14 x 6, that will probably solve the problem.
That is the other problem I have, can’t seem to find the same wheels in a smaller size. Just ain’t that popular anymore. Everyone seems to want larger wheels and tires now. Thanks for your reply.

You can measure the backspace for the correct wheel width. Just goole " wheel backspace. " I use a 14x6 205-70-14 and they fit perfect. They are on the factory steelies. You might have to pick up a newer style 15" wheel today. The measurement and a wheel company like Crager can help you.

Based on the picture you have to move the Backspace outward on the front wheels. There is too much "dish" on the outside

-
Back