Just Getting Started

-

Boglin

Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

Well the time has finally come for me to start the resto on my 1970 Plymouth Duster 340 so I thought I'd better get hooked up with a good Mopar forum. This Duster was my first car and I took it apart in my mid twenties but decided to go to college instead of restoring it. Now I'm 40 and finally have the time and room to start it. Unfortunately it wasn't an original 340 car (it was 318 ) so I've been thinking of perhaps just restoring the engine and finding a nice A-body Barracuda 340 Formula-S to put it in. Not really sure yet.

Anyway I'm sure I'll have plenty of questions as it progresses. The pic below was a long long time ago.
smile.gif

1439876_600.jpg

welcome........you have the 340, I say use it and build a 340 clone! Have fun.

It doesn't look like the picture anymore. :) It's been sitting for over 10 years on jack stands in a building. The vinyl roof is pretty shot as is the interior. I guess my thinking is for the amount it would take to bring it back I might as well do it on a car that was a true 340.

Welcome aboard. Why not restore that one? In the final analsys, they're all worth less than you put into them anyway, so why not build what you have the way you want. Good luck.

Welcome aboard. Why not restore that one? In the final analsys, they're all worth less than you put into them anyway, so why not build what you have the way you want. Good luck.

Yeah, I can see both sides of the coin. On the one side this was my first car and I had some great times with it and got in a lot of trouble. It would be pretty special to have it up and running again.

On the other side I have always loved the 68 / 69 Barracuda fastbacks. When I was in my early 20s I came across a 68 Formula S. Black with red interior. It was a rusted out P.O.S. with no engine or tranny sitting on the ground in the weeds. I offered the guy $1000 for it and he laughed at me saying how rare it was. It has always been "the one that got away" for me.

-
Back