Just gonna slap it back together

-

HawaiiDuster

Reaction score
Well I decided to just put the Duster together again :roll: I had wanted to get the bodywork and the paint all done then put it all together really nice. But being unemployed since the beginning of the year has put a serious damper on my cash flow. So I'm gonna put her together so I can at least enjoy her while I work on getting a job. Here are a few picks as she stands today. I have all the new parts to get her going again, I'm just doing it in a different order than I had wanted.

20041033986688561257249.jpg

20041032524334152859012.jpg

20041037172460112485440.jpg

20041032967907302173316.jpg

The hood is just sitting on the front of the car, I didn't have enough space in the garage to store it. The whole front had been stripped and painted.

Sometimes you just gotta do what you gotta do. You're in Hawaii, be happy. :D Enjoy your Duster while you can. Don't let it rot away in the salt air. :shock:

That don't look bad at all Craig!
If you weren't on the other side of the globe i'd give you a hand putting it back together. :(

Were those front wheels a rare factory option? :geek:

I really like the spacing on your back rims, sits the tire just right at the edge of the wheel well. What tires and rims ya running and back spacing? Also any mods like mini tubs or springs moved in?

EvilScamp said:
That don't look bad at all Craig!
If you weren't on the other side of the globe i'd give you a hand putting it back together. :(

Were those front wheels a rare factory option? :geek:

You mean you don't have a set of those on your Duster :geek:

ProStreetDuster if I remember right those rims are 8 1/2" with a 4" backspacing. The tires are L60-15 Firestone SS casings that were capped with a softer compound rubber. Before all these street stickies were being made, we had to have them special made. The only mod is offset hangers & shackles.

Thanks for the info Hawaii, that may come in handy when it's time to build an A body for my son.
Yea get that thing running and go have some fun with it, once you get a job lined up and the money starts flowing the way ya want it, then give it the once over.

Thanks for all the words of support guys :salut: I hung the k-frame back on the car today, painted the upper control arms and spindles, and started getting all the front suspension parts together. I did take some time out to go look at a 69 Dart Swinger :roll: Not for me, but for my nephew. Its a factory 340 4spd car and in pretty good condition for Hawaii standards. Its doesn't have an engine or trans, but I have a spare 360 just sitting on a stand and a 727. The 340 with Eddy heads (thanks Brett) is still going into the Duster. The Dart does have a 8 3/4 with a posi and also has the factory sway bar on the front. It isn't a done deal yet because my parents have to bankroll this project. So far the price is $1k with an extra grill, headers and some other stuff included. I still got a couple more days to deal with this guy before I decide. The biggest concern with my parents right now is where we're going to put it for now.

-
Back