Just got another project.....but not an A-body

-
This may very well be true. I emailed Sherman asking about their products, and they responded the next day and let me know they do not manufacture any products. However, I have twice sent emails to Classic2current with questions and got no reply either time. Too me, that says a lot about their support team. Might be an isolated "two times", "to one person", but I won't deal with a company like that. As for prices, I'm sure there are two qualities of panels, as there are two prices at every place you can buy them. Most likely the gauge of the steel used in the product.

FYI Classic 2 Current makes the panels for Sherman, the price directly from Classic 2 Current is alot less.

One of my patch panels from Classic 2 Current actually had a Sherman sticker on it.

Well it's been a while. I don't update here too much because it's not an A-body. In any case I have been collecting parts and doing some work. This is where I'm at now.

Attachments

• IMG_1385.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 241
  • IMG_1471.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 254
  • IMG_1469.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 231
  • IMG_1476.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 251
  • IMG_1436.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 254
That looks pretty good.

Care to comment on how the profile of the lip matches up with the factory stamping?

The profile is actually pretty good. This side was too damaged to do a comparison. I just went out and fit the pass side up. The shape is great. Nice and even all the way around. But I was able to push it right up against the body inside the original. To me this would say the opening is roughly 1/8" to 1/4" smaller than stock. It could just be that coming in from the bottom allowed this due to it's shape though.

Edit: When I installed the driver's side, I used measurements from the door and the top body line. I know the wheels sit much closer to the front of the opening so that was the distance I considered to be the most important.

Update, just for interest sake........I've been busy.

Attachments

• IMG_1504.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 217
  • IMG_0438.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 216
Thanx Steve.....DON'T buy a stool like that one! It is really rockyrolly!! A milk crate is much safer.

Nice work! Too bad no one makes full panels for those cars. What a pita to have to patch everything together :banghead:

I really like the '66-'67 b-bodies. I took my driver's test in a '66 Coronet.
Dallas

Thanx Dallas. Yes it's a pain. But....you made me think of it this way....when I do get to work with a full quarter....it'll be easy!!

Great car and good start to your project. Nothing goes better with a B body than a big ol nasty RB motor, the bigger and nastier the better in my opinion.

Thanx efriedrich, had to read it to spell that, LOL. Yup big block is a definite! 1970 383, rebuilt 20,000 or so ago, with a "Road Runner" cam, lifters and springs going in.

Attachments

• IMG_1447.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 213
I think our local scrap yard has one of those...if so are you interested in any parts in particular

I don't really need anything as I have acquired most of it now. But these are two year only cars, 66 / 67. Grills, fenders, taillights, trim on hood and trunk, etc are sought after by the B-body crowd. If the car is in decent shape, there's a market for it complete.

Just a little update here. Fenders are in sealer. This is a pair I picked up for a smokin' good price. Mine were way too rough to use. I sure am happy with them.

Attachments

• IMG_0495.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 180
  • IMG_0491.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 165
  • IMG_0490.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 188
  • IMG_0496.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 175
Been a while, but here's an update. Blasted, primed and sanded the engine bay. That is a lot of pain in the but sanding!

Attachments

• IMG_1572.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 124
  • IMG_1573.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 128
  • IMG_1574.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 135
  • IMG_1575.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 140
Looks good, and even better in person......
Should be ready for paint on boxing day?

Continuing with the challenge!

Attachments

• IMG_0337.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG_1597.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 118
  • IMG_1607.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 130
Thanx. Ya they are near a 1/4 mile I'm sure......OK maybe an 1/8! And the curve and the straight and the bulge and the hip and the flat and the contour and the...............they are a challenge!

-
Back