Just got my engine block back today!!!

-

jrlegacy23

68 Barracuda
Reaction score
I am stoked!!! and Stroked!!! I just got my 400 big block, Stroker crank, pistons and rods back from the machine shop today. I went to Napa, picked up some threadsealer, some assembley grease, and two cans of WD40.
I got a bucket of hot, hot water with laundry detergent (machine shop recommendation) and washed the block down and cleaned all the oil galleys out with a rifle cleaning kit. Then blew dry the water and soaked the block with 2 cans of WD40. tomorrow I am finishing put it the oil galley end plugs in, the machine shop left them out so I could do a thurough cleaning, and semi puting the engine together to check clearance.
I am so excited, I can't wait to get this together and fired up in my 72 Dart. I am taking my time, trying not to overlook anything.
I know you guys are not as excited as I am, but I just wanted to share. i will post some pics up tomorrow.

I know how exciting it is for you! Good for you man!! Looking forward to those pics!!

Make a list of things to do,check them off as you go.This way you won,t forget anything,which we know can happen as we get older!Good luck with the build.:clock:

Here is the pic of the block. I will take more pics as I assemble. I used Dupli-color paint.... so I think I need a couple more cans because the paint is so thin. I still have to do a little cleaning of the paint off some surfaces, but I love the color.
I will definitely make a list. I honestly didn't think of that, but that is a great idea. Thanks

IMG_1396.jpg

Im looking forward to watching this build progress, I will be doing the same in a few months. How big are you making this beast, whats your HP projection.

I can understand your excitement, I actually enjoy the building process more than the completed project. You`ll have to post pics of your progress.

I know your excited and we all would be, i was thinking stroker 360 also, but from reading the threads, i realize i don't have the coin for ll the backup stuff like trans, rear, suspension, good luck with the build, i'll be following it.

The engine is 500 cu in, with 440 source forged 4.15" stroker crank and aluminum heads, KB forged pistons 0.033" over, Eagle H-Beam RB rods, Torker 383 intake, Hughes engines roller cam, crane 1.5:1 roller rockers, Melling HV oil pump, Moroso 8 quart oil pan with 1/2" pickup, and polished stainless steel shorty headers.
My machine shop hot tanked, bored, honed, installed coated cam bearings, installed all brass freeze plugs, file fit the total seal rings, scraped the main bearings for fitment, balance the rotating assembley, reamed and tapped the oil pick-up, and decked the block. Off the top of my head, I think that is it.

I got the paint job finished up. I fit the 440source aluminum heads, they fit and look great. I love the aluminum heads with the orange block. Here are a couple pics:

side.jpg

front.jpg

A little orange paint on those heads and they will almost look stock. Painted valve covers and intake, a "383" Pie Plate on the air cleaner and the Chevy boys wont know what hit them!

I mocked up a head, sitting on the block, with a header sitting on that. Nothing is bolted together here what it will look like when its done.

side1.jpg

-
Back