Just got my new engine off the dyno!

-
I'll be happy if he runs it straight north up the street....right past my house. LOL, I live on the North end, he lives on the South end. He he he, this has been in the back of my head for awhile now. Like a nightmare teaseing me. I pass his house everyday on the way to work! Like a ghostly haunt, somewhere in the mist a hungry big block growls......

(Yea, there should be some scooby doo haunting sound now:-D )

That engine would make for a very stout street car.............:-D

VERY nice!!Who built the motor and who's dyno did you use??

I was originally just looking for a fresh block, but when I tallied up the cost to do it myself or have it done.....have it done won out by a cosiderable margin.

I got it through CME Engines and they dyno'd it. It started out as one of their "crate engines, but I wanted just about everything changed, so it ended up being a custom deal. There were many problems along the way; finding a core that would pass magnaflux (went through 9 blocks), having 6 left pistons and 2 right straight from the manufacturer, they didn't like the adjusters on the rockers so they made new ones, went from 5/16" to 3/8" pushrods, got the wrong pushrod length, yadda, yadda, yadda. The end result is I'm glad I didn't have to deal with all the problems if I assembled it myself and I've got a nice baseline on their dyno which I wouldn't have if I did it myself. In going back and forth with them over all of the problems, even those guys were curious to see the numbers it would put down. I think everyone was pleasantly surprised!

That motor definitely DOES NOT suck.
Good nnumbers and hope you enjoy it.
That barracuda is gonna haul ***!

That got a cage in it? You dont want you rfront wheel to come up and then never come back down. hehe

Hey Fast01, I have almost the same engine as you do. I will follow this thread with interest.

Mike

Hello Fast01
who did the machine shop work for you ?
thank you
George

It was done by CME Engines in South Carolina. They told me that they are seeing 5cfm more blow by than they would like, but the pistons have a short skirt and a low tension ring pack, so they recommend a crank case evacuation system. They also said that if it is a problem they will take care of it. Oh, and they did supply me with a written warranty. I've never seen that before with any high performance product.

-
Back